Join Today
    Old Fart
    Weston on the Mud Somerset or in it if you get the tide wrong.
    Thanks

Christine strikes again

Well it's that time of year again and Mrs PA took Christine our P2 V70 T5 in for her MOT. Surprise surprise she failed

Now I wouldn't mind if it had been one back box or a middle exhaust box, but oh no not Christine, she has to be a pain in the neck and fail on both, £283.30 to get them fitted, sorry RUFE no sale this time the company who did the MOT are getting them for us, it seems like a good price as well.

So tomorrow she is going back in to have them fitted, and the only advisory on the MOT other than that is "Parking Break Lever High in Travel" So I'll get that sorted, but it was like that last year.
    “If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as the souls who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson (1778)

Did you know the EU says that you can't claim that drinking water prevents dehydration. So now you know for sure what many of have known for years that the EU is run by a bunch of nutters.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Nothing lasts forever . . .

A timely reminder to check the exhaust mounting brackets, the exhaust doesn't rot but the brackets do! Then the exhaust cracks. Then you get a whopping great bill.

Even Volvo now sell replacement silencer brackets, I love the way they say 'There's nothing wrong with the design. Here! Have a massive bill for a replacement part!' (W T F do you get some tube and pressed 1mm steel costing over 300 quid with VAT?) Then a while later they launch a 'repair part' to replace the bit that was badly designed in the first place - but there's still 'nothing wrong'nwith the original part.

Shall I stop ranting now?

"Sgt. Butterman? Little hand says it's time to rock'n'roll!"
    "Bring the noise!"

Old Fart
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by v70torslanda View Post
    Shall I stop ranting now?
    LOL Yep you can

Mrs PA has just brought her home with a nice new MOT and two nice new silencers. And she doesn't need the Lambda sensor that we were told she needed a short while ago.

So now we have to save our pennies up to get the rads done, and a strange knocking noise in the engine on the 850 seen to. Ah the joys of owning cars that are a few years old.

Mind you I wouldn't change from being a Volvo owner, well not yet anyway, seeing as I can't drive for another 10 months.
    “If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as the souls who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson (1778)

Did you know the EU says that you can't claim that drinking water prevents dehydration. So now you know for sure what many of have known for years that the EU is run by a bunch of nutters.

Old Fart
    Thanks
    She's at it again.

Neighbour on the other side can around an knocked on the door yesterday evening. Her husband had noticed something dripping from underneath Christine and running in the gutter at the front. So she came to warn us, funny how one neighbour is really great and the other side they are pains in the rear !

Anyway I checked and sure enough there was a pool of something under the front that looked a little like thin oil. So this morning I phoned that garage and asked them to take a look.

They checked the gearbox and then pressure tested the rad' and a small leak in the plastic on the side nearside of it at the top showed up under pressure. So now I'm looking for a replacement rad'.

At this rate I will have replaced the car piecemeal over the years, what next the engine!!!!

Still it's not the gearbox this time

Thread Information