As we all know 850's say OBD II on the box but they ain't OBD II in the box. We have a Launch X431 at work and have had for some years. First thing I did when we got it was scan my 850 but you've guessed it it wasn't compatible and didn't even appear on the Volvo application list. I had a customers 850 T5 in today to diagnose a cutting out problem (that never happened whilst I had it !) and as a last resort put the Launch on it as we had a software update for it recently (but I didn't hold out much hope). I couldn't believe it, 850 appeared on the list !. Then I thought 'I bet it just tells you how to access flash codes with an LED' but no, click on 'how to read fault codes' and it read them ! (or rather it told me there wasn't any !). In disbelief I unplugged the cam sensor with the engine running, re-connected it and re-scanned , up came cam sensor so it was obviously working ! Not only that I could get full live readings and codes on everything, engine management, abs, airbags, immobilizer even the dashboard !. This may be more exciting for me then for everyone else but I felt I had to share as it means that at least one of the cars I own can now be read by a scan tool.