This user has no status
    Thanks
    any news???? how did you get on???
    Thankyou, Goodnight....much love

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Libra View Post
    I took the car in last night as I could not drop the car off in the morning. Anyway I get a phone call to tell me what they have found. I have boiled the brake fluid that is probably because VOLVO only state that DOT 4 when in realy it SHOULD have DOT 5.1. I am having that replaced.

Now the creaking noise apparently is the top mounts and also they say that the sub frame needs replaceing as it is bent/dented!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are going to let me know when I pick the car up this evening how much these parts are before I go ahead with these items.
    What??!!! for crying out loud! If the subframe was bent then you would know about it cos the car wouldn't drive straight. A new subframe is about £500 + fitting...that's over £1000 in plain speak.
    Lets get one thing straight...power steering fluid being low does not cause a 'creaking' noise. It will cause the pump to groan but definately not creak.
    Chances are if you haven't already greased your steering stops then you most probably have knackered front top mounts (or top hats). Common fault and yes they do creak when they are worn. Mine did it when i first got my R and both my 850 T5 and Laser Blue V70R did it too.

The worse case senario is that the fault lies within your steering rack. I hope to god it isn't that as a new rack for an R is over £1000.

I really do think Volvo are clutching at straws by suggesting your subframe is at fault...maybe a few bushes need changing but certainly not the whole frame. Unless you have been off roading and bellied out on a rock or tree stump!

Please...what ever will they come up with next.
    Would be interested to know what the outcome is so keep us all posted.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status
    Thanks
    i've had this same problem with my car happened not long after i changed the top mounts started doin it when the engine was quite warm it went away after a while that was atleast a year ago i get it now on and off like a groaning noise fluid level is fine but i spray an oil similar to wd 40 into the struts at various angles the stuff i use keeps the insides lubed up unlike wd 40 which dries stuff out takes away the noise though which is the main thing

Thread Information