Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Erratic idle/revs

I first thought this was to do with the Brake master cylinder leaking into the servo...This has all been fixed now with another Mater cylinder.

When starting from cold or driving and coming to a halt the engine revs drop right down as if its going to stall. I HAVE ALSO NOTICED THAT IF I PULL AWAY QUICK FROM STANDSTILL THERE IS A MASIVE HESITATION/DELAY BEFORE THE ENGINE PICKS UP AND FLY'S AS NORMAL.
    I WOULD PRESUME THAT THIS IS SOMETHING DIFFERENT FROM THE BRAKE FLUID LEAK WHEN ALL THIS CAME TO LIGHT.?????

Any ideas please.???

Thanks

wanting to get busy with my
    twins, twin zx9r's that is
    Thanks
    air flow meter?

split hose or vacum pipe?
    because it just had to be done

3. The Following User Says Thank You to streaky744 For This Useful Post:

willi (Monday 6th September 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanks, i will have a looksee asap.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by willi View Post
    I first thought this was to do with the Brake master cylinder leaking into the servo...This has all been fixed now with another Mater cylinder.

When starting from cold or driving and coming to a halt the engine revs drop right down as if its going to stall. I HAVE ALSO NOTICED THAT IF I PULL AWAY QUICK FROM STANDSTILL THERE IS A MASIVE HESITATION/DELAY BEFORE THE ENGINE PICKS UP AND FLY'S AS NORMAL.
    I WOULD PRESUME THAT THIS IS SOMETHING DIFFERENT FROM THE BRAKE FLUID LEAK WHEN ALL THIS CAME TO LIGHT.?????

Any ideas please.???

Thanks
    mine does the same but only an intermittent fault at the moment. sometimes it'll be fine for 2 weeks then it will have a bad patch for a couple of days and then be ok again! Mine's an S70R though. I've changed my plugs, and my leads are next. If it was the air flow meter I'd have thought it would do it all the time, but a breakdown in one of the leads would account for it.

Bailey dump valve + Boost gauge + Manual boost controller + K&N induction kit + Powerflow cat back exhaust + Strut Brace + Bilstein shock n sports springs with 40mm drop
    = very fast and still turns corners

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mightywolf View Post
    mine does the same but only an intermittent fault at the moment. sometimes it'll be fine for 2 weeks then it will have a bad patch for a couple of days and then be ok again! Mine's an S70R though. I've changed my plugs, and my leads are next. If it was the air flow meter I'd have thought it would do it all the time, but a breakdown in one of the leads would account for it.
    Mine is now doing the same as yours..I also will try plug leads.

Thread Information