Join Today
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scr8pdo View Post
    If i tried to set my MBC that way with a pump and gauge it will be letting by before i get to the right pressure, any ideas???
    As ive said before, you get what you pay for, i tried a r-spec mbc and it was all over the place and did'nt feel safe using it, it came straight off after 1 run fully closed so then borrowed Smithy's forge one and it's so accurate in it's holding of boost i feel safe using it, each click you can see a slight rise, yes a lot more money around £80 del but worth it imho

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

Jim
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brett craig View Post
    what bothers me about that is that i cant put my foot down below 2.5-3k without bending the rods

Time to change your driving style lol, i never put my foot down below those figs even just running the map, you soon get used to it lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jamest5r View Post
    As ive said before, you get what you pay for, i tried a r-spec mbc and it was all over the place and did'nt feel safe using it, it came straight off after 1 run fully closed so then borrowed Smithy's forge one and it's so accurate in it's holding of boost i feel safe using it, each click you can see a slight rise, yes a lot more money around £80 del but worth it imho
    I still dont know whether this MBC is faulty, should it let by even when wound right down? it seems strange that Bret Craig has the same unit and it does the same, its such a basic design as with all MBCs if it is faulty then I will replace it, I just cant see how it could be set with a pump and gauge if air is letting by from the start, even the Forge one will be of the same design but does that one let by as well or is it totally air tight until the required pressure is reached? There is also a little hole in the side of the unit, whether this is to let the air out that is letting by before reaching the wastegate actuator I dont know, any help would be great
    855 manual, Rica 304, Reverse I/C, De-cat, Pipercross cone, Durite boost and volt gauges, Braided hoses, Police spec pads

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    MBC's should block all air until they hit the desired boost level

5. The Following User Says Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

scr8pdo (Wednesday 1st September 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Anyone seen one of these before, they look interesting

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    855 manual, Rica 304, Reverse I/C, De-cat, Pipercross cone, Durite boost and volt gauges, Braided hoses, Police spec pads

Jim
    Thanks
    That's a bleed valve mate, get something with only 2 outlet's.

Edit..sorry just read the blurb...dont know mate never seen anyone try something similar

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    that's the sort of thing I use, car is happy at 18psi, and manic spool up.
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I thought it looked quite neat plus i read on on of the Punto turbo forums a bloke fitted on of these and his car does 180 mph... in reverse so i got to have one lol!

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    as James says its bit confusing why its got 3 ports if its a MBC, which it says it is in the description

the Forge MBC sounds a very nice & well engineered bit of kit, but for that price you've also got to look at comparing it to a cheap EBC

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Iam thinking the third hole is for the vent? on my mbc (pictured a few posts back) it has a little hole on the body inline with the outlet connector, if it was to have a connector where the hole is it would look like a T-piece, does anyoner know what its for?

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    It is a vent, I have mine piped back into the air intake (where the third pipe off the bcs used to go)
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Oh right, i cant connect mine up to anything as its just a little hole just bigger than a pinhole, but that would explain what the 3rd connector is on that blue 3 port one one Ebay cause he says its a ball/spring type, i asked him if he had any feedback on them and he told me he had used them and other people had had great results with them although one or two said they didnt work, he assumed they had fitted them wrong or had damaged compressor housings, he did however offer me a full refund if iam not happy, cant decide, them Forge ones look good but seem very expensive for what they are

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    the forge ones are good and very acraute too .i needed 1 at the time and payed the price but they are a good bit of kit mate and was worth paying the extra in my opinion.alot of the vag use them and the seat boys.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to smithy For This Useful Post:

scr8pdo (Thursday 2nd September 2010)

Thread Information