Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Fitting an IO Talk1 Bluetooth to SC901 Premium System.

Hi All,

As you may know I have been trying to find plug and play leads to adapt an IO Talk 1 Bluetooth handsfree kit to my 2004 C70 with a SC901 premium System (Sub woofers Behind rear seats and an Amp in boot), & a factory fitted RTI system in the dash.

I could NOT find any direct PLUG & PLAY systems, so ended up buying and fitting the following kits.

I started with an:

IO Talk 1 Handsfree kit (Ebay £28)
    Consists of:
    1 x Orange control box
    1 x T piece wireing loom with 2 ISO connectors (male / female)
    1 x Microphone & fitting clips.

And an Autoleads Telemute kit.

The kit I bought is an 06-920B (from www.co-star.co.uk £39.85)
    http://www.co-star.co.uk/product/RM.06-920B/RM.06-920B

consists of:
    1 x 06-920-5R loom
    1 x 06-015 low level relay
    1 x bag of fuses and a 3.5mm jack
    1 x SOT-084 for the SC units
    1 x SOT-043 for the HU units.

Once advised by tech help, (cos the diagrams are useless), I managed to fit it, Hopefully this this guide will aid you to do the same.

Here goes.

I assembled the IO Talk1 control box and leads together first, (Can do later once all is routed for ease.)

Mine is the SC901, so do I not require the sot-043 (HU***) cables so I discarded them.

The 3.5mm jack (As advised by tech help) can be cut off and the leads utalised (connecting speaker cables) or the whole thing discarded.

First of all Turn Ign OFF and then Remove the radio unit, (Putting Auto box in L first). (My Sc901 had just two push slides at the sides)

Disconect the Radio's/car's leads,
    and connect to the SOT-084 in line with it.

Plug the IO Talk1's ISO's into the SOT-084 ISO's

Assemble the 06-920-5R loom around the 06-015 relay and plug into the Radio's / Car Din plug / socket. On the Relay Set the rotary control wheel to a central position, (Volume).

The 06-015 Relay has 3 sets of cables comming out of it.

The First one is the 06-920-5R loom. this the one plugged into the Radio and Car's DIN PLUGS. (Above).

The Second seems to be a Power lead with 2 Black ISO connecters on the ends. JUST REMOVE THIS CABLE. (or don't plug it in) I found it wasn't needed.

This is where it gets good.

The 3rd is a 4 pin power lead with a Black 4 pin plug on it. (Normally for a Nokia)

CUT OFF (close to) the plug.

The 4 cables are

Red = Battery power 12v
    Blue = Ignition power 12v
    Black = Earth

YELLOW = MUTE.

Splice / join the Red, Blue & Black leads to the appropriate leads at the Cars input side.

The YELLOW MUTE lead goes to the BROWN MUTE lead on the IO Talk 1 loom. (Labled)

NoW THEN Locate 2 black leads (One with a white stripe) BOTH with bullet connecters on them, (Comming From the Relay), (these are speaker input sensor wires, to trip the Relay),

These 2 leads are then connected to the WHITE & WHITE/Black stripe leads on the SOT-084 connecter, that connects to the CARS 14 pin socket. (Not the Radio's). (These cables are stamped Front Left speaker positive, (The striped one is the neg))

(You could use the leads connected to the 3.5mm jack to connect to the white leads by cutting the jack off and joining the wires to the White leads so they can be removed at any time later.)

THAT IS THE JOB DONE. The system should now work ok.

BUT

Then I couldn't get the unit back into the cars consol because of the bulky connecters, Relay & Control box.

So I dropped both the covers from under the drivers dash and the passenger side glove box, and removed the glove box.

The 06-015 Relay and loom was fed through the left and under the passenger glove box,
    &
    The IO Talk1 (& Mic) was routed under the drivers side.

I also found that by Extending the Speaker cables to the WHITE cables on the SOT-084 I was able to tuck them down BELOW the centre consul,

The covers and glove box were all refitted and mic situated (Where ever you want).

This enabled everything to fit (Still tightly) and working well.

I presume the same would be appropriate for a HU*** headunit but with the SOT-043 setup.

I hope this helps others that where in the same situation I was in for a long time.

Good luck all.

Joe.
    Last edited by silverback02; Friday 20th August 2010 at 13:17.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanks for the useful info. I removed it from the other section you posted it in, as we don't allow duplicate threads.

Cheers...
    Alastair
    Current: 2009 Cayenne GTS and a 2016 Prius IV... yes.
    Previous Volvos: 2009 V50 D5 R-Design, 2005 V70R, 2001 V70 T5, 2001 S40 T4, 2x 1999 S40 T4, 2003 V40 T4, 1999 V70 T5, 1996 854 T5 & 855 T5, 1995 855 T5, and a 480...
    Previous other stuff: Saxo Turbo, 2004 996 C4S, 2008 Z4M, 2001 Yaris T-Sport, 2002 S2000 Mugen, and a 1999 Evo VI

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Al115 For This Useful Post:

silverback02 (Thursday 19th August 2010)

Thread Information