Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Anyone got a fault code reader in the N/W

Ive got a pain in the bum minor fault with (i THINK) an ABS/Wheel Sensor. Not everytime, but quite often, I get a flashing ABS light on the dash shortly after setting off from an overnight stop, and it goes into limp mode for a few seconds, then goes back to normal. Its deffo one of the sensors, as if i turn off the DTC, the fault doesnt happen, or it stops. I need a code reader to see which one is causing the issue

Cheers

Paul
    Thankyou, Goodnight....much love

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I have a code reader I could loan you if you're in a pinch, but I'd need to post it to you if you want it as the delivery by hand could be out of the question due to distance.

You think I know **** nothing! But let me tell you I know **** all!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to thebadger For This Useful Post:

Liddo (Wednesday 18th August 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I have a code reader i bought from states - small and simple, not one of these laptop ones though. It also clears codes and has been very useful to own i might add.

Here if it's close enough, or down Liverpool way Friday 3rd Sept for weekend, but probably not available Sat & Sun only Friday - might be closer
    I created a genius, who outgrew my teachings, and is now being mentored by a new sensei! Live long Victor!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Happygilmore78 View Post
    I have a code reader i bought from states - small and simple, not one of these laptop ones though. It also clears codes and has been very useful to own i might add.

Here if it's close enough, or down Liverpool way Friday 3rd Sept for weekend, but probably not available Sat & Sun only Friday - might be closer
    Brilliant! Which way do you go to Liverpool??? M6 then M58??? I live 2 mins off the 58, we could do a mini-meet at one of the junctions on your way through. If ya dont come this way, I could call up to Preston some time if thats ok???

Cheers

Paul

PS, does it read S60 codes???

This user has no status
    Thanks
    That's right buddy, i come off M58 to get to his - he lives in Melling near to Course.

The plan is, going down Thursday night with him, taking his car back Friday morning to get it re-chipped and then there for rest of Friday, Sat and Sun, but Sat and Sun will be at show so doubt it would be then unless later on on the evening.

The Friday day could drop if he cant get the time off, but will still be there Friday night, Sat, Sun as described.

Either way, there will be plenty of opportunities over the weekend, as i dont think you'll be too far away.

So far it has read codes on a V8 Chrysler, C70 and a Vauxhall Corsa. I used it on mine quite a few times and it helped me a lot. ODB II and very small.

If anything changes on the dates, i'll post on here for you - or if you want to sort it sooner, you are more than welcome to bob up anytime bud

Thanks

Nathan
    I created a genius, who outgrew my teachings, and is now being mentored by a new sensei! Live long Victor!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Happygilmore78 View Post
    If anything changes on the dates, i'll post on here for you - or if you want to sort it sooner, you are more than welcome to bob up anytime bud

Thanks

Nathan
    Cheers Nathan, much appreciated mate, I'll PM you nearer the time

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Friday day is out the window now, he cannot get the time off - but will be travelling down Friday evening anyway. One bonus is the Marshalling has been cancelled for the Saturday pending new date, so apart from odds and sods, will be able to sort something out for either Friday evening, or Saturday sometime. Sunday is still a no goer.

Cheers

Nathan

This user has no status
    Thanks
    If you still need your codes read I'm in aintree most days and have a BSR PPC diagnostic reader that goes through all P2 modules and ECU's
    Drop me a PM if needed
    Ian

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopster View Post
    If you still need your codes read I'm in aintree most days and have a BSR PPC diagnostic reader that goes through all P2 modules and ECU's
    Drop me a PM if needed
    Ian
    Nice one Ian, will PM you, as I dont think i can meet Happygilmore now as im not around this weekend.

Watch out for a PM, and thanks again Happy for the offer

This user has no status
    Thanks
    No worries buddy, down friday afternoon if owt changes or you need the code clearing also

Thread Information