Join Today

Thread: TCV/Dump Valve

This user has no status

Thanks

TCV/Dump Valve

Hi guys,

I have a 2.0T S60 sport with the RICA stage 1 remap. I'm loving every second but I have a couple of questions.

I'd like to have a bit more "noise" on gear changes, so I need to replace the dump valve I guess..is this the same as the TCV? If not, where is dump valve located on the 2.0t?

Also where is the TCV located??

Chris

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Not familiar withe the S60 2.0T, but same applies as my S40 T4.

Firstly, the TCV is not the same as a dumpvalve. The TCV (turbo control valve) or BCS (boost control solenoid), is what controls boost, electronically.

Secondly, the S60 2.0T does not have a dumpvalve. It has a recirculating valve, which takes excess boost, and puts it back into the intake system. If you want to fit a dumpvalve, you require to remove the recirc valve and blank it off, and fit a dumpvalve at a suitable location (usually between the intercooler and throttle body, and as close to the latter as possible).

Again, I've never seen an S60 2.0T engine, but I would imagine that the standard recirc valve will be same setup as the T4 i.e. it is bolted on to the side of the turbo.

If you are going down the route of a dumpvalve, be sure and get a twin piston one (Forge etc), otherwise you will have serious issues.
    Back in Black (T4)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks for that

I get a little tshhh when the bonnet is up and it rev it, but nothing noticable whilst driving :-( Just want some drama!!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    TBH if you want to replace the standard valve, you could go down the route of an uprated forge recirc valve. Bit pricey, but it's how the car was designed to work.

Also if you do replace the TCV (wich again is a good idea, but get a IPD one or a Perrin equivelent) you must replace the hoses at the same time. Silicone vac hoses are always reccomended.

The Forge recirc will cost aproxx £120 The TCV will cost you up to £100. The hoses can be bought on ebay for >£10. Worth the £10 just to give you peace of mind tbh.

You think I know **** nothing! But let me tell you I know **** all!

Thread Information