Join Today
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RT MECHANICS View Post
    Hi Gary
    14.84 at 101 lol

As for me ever attending a T5D5 event... I have no wish to have my car damaged...

Russ
    1) Would you care to share with us all the figure you quote(d) as your estimated 1/4 mile time and explain the purpose of making such a claim and upon what you based the calculation that led you to that time???

2) I would be tempted to ask just what you are talking about "have my car damaged", actually I find that quite an offensive and frankly incendiary remark, again, just exactly what do you base such an outrageous claim upon?

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
    What pressure is the best to run your fronts and backs for the 1/4?
    front tyre pressure is a compromise & will depend on how the tyre structure reacts to the drops in pressure. For grip off the line you want as much contact area as possible (ie low tyre pressure), but this then converts to extra drag/friction when the speeds increase at the end of the run, so its finding the right balance between running the pressure too low or too high

rear tyres do nothing so want as little contact area/drag as possible. The increased pressure will also help (to a degree) reduce some weight transfer to the rear of the car

3. The Following User Says Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

t5_monkey (Friday 24th September 2010)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T5-Andy View Post
    1) Would you care to share with us all the figure you quote(d) as your estimated 1/4 mile time and explain the purpose of making such a claim and upon what you based the calculation that led you to that time???

2) I would be tempted to ask just what you are talking about "have my car damaged", actually I find that quite an offensive and frankly incendiary remark, again, just exactly what do you base such an outrageous claim upon?
    Uh-Oh One of the T5D5 click have turned up again....

http://forums.t5d5.org/topic/13253-w...h1t-all-about/

In before the lock.....

Last edited by Turkish; Friday 24th September 2010 at 23:04. Reason: .

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts

I don't want to teach anyone to suck eggs...

... but correct me if I'm wrong...

assuming this is a track day... on a track day... it's possible to crash, or be crashed into ?

Stop me if I'm getting over complex or technical here...

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to t5_monkey For This Useful Post:

RT MECHANICS (Sunday 26th September 2010),Turkish (Saturday 25th September 2010)

VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbly Dave View Post
    I do the 1/4 for a number of reasons. Yeah I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't like a quicker time but I do it also for the social comaradery, sense of inter-group competition & the fact it is a cheap sport. All the bits I have I am trying to prove as a fast road car rather than a focused drag machine. This last season has been the most fun & I can't wait for winter so I can start fettling. Maybe see if I can make a difference for next year???

Looking fwd to next year & a few more meets.

Im with Wobbly on this one, what's wrong with this inter forum **** and the bitching/politics, were all into our fast volvo's, some have more money than other's fact of life, but for £30 you can test your car all day long and have the social side of it as well. There is a good group of us here on vpc that regualy attend 1/4 event's and i would welcome all t5d5 members that would like to come along and have a laugh. Would like to see some of your car's as well.....Tim, Chris etc.

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jamest5r For This Useful Post:

GregE102 (Saturday 25th September 2010),JelT5 (Saturday 25th September 2010),LiamT4 (Saturday 25th September 2010),Tim Williams (Saturday 25th September 2010)

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jamest5r View Post
    Im with Wobbly on this one, what's wrong with this inter forum **** and the bitching/politics, were all into our fast volvo's, some have more money than other's fact of life, but for £30 you can test your car all day long and have the social side of it as well. There is a good group of us here on vpc that regualy attend 1/4 event's and i would welcome all t5d5 members that would like to come along and have a laugh. Would like to see some of your car's as well.....Tim, Chris etc.
    well said - do any of the people who wind everyone up all the time on the forums actually come to the meets?

We need an ultimate Volvo day... there's ultimate Street car up in Crail which is quite good for that, bringing everyone together to duke it out on the 1/4 mile... not the chatroom

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to t5_monkey For This Useful Post:

GregE102 (Saturday 25th September 2010),Jamest5r (Saturday 25th September 2010),Turkish (Saturday 25th September 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    As for me ever attending a T5D5 event I would not waste my life and could not care less what they do ,I have no idea what your talking about with CC as I never ever had any intention of going invited or not I have no wish to have my car damaged...

Russ[/QUOTE]

Hello Russ I do not know what it is you think Tim has against you? or his so called chums? who ever they may be?
    Tim has gone out of his way to help people on all the forums!

His chums are most likely the ex customers of your's as you charge so frigging much Russ!

Which reminds me you still never gave me the itemised bill for my first lot of works i had done on my car, that I was just stupid enough to pay you as i trusted you it was a good job i noticed you had tried to charge me for a set of tyres running in at 500+I guess i will never know if you over charged me for anything else will I?

And No I would never wish to have my car damaged either! And if you think one of us would do that to you at a track day? then thats in your own own head and goes to show in my book what kind of person you really must be to think like that!

You are really starting to sound like a bitter old twisted Mechanic!

You used to be such a nice person Russ and such a good friend! What happened?

Cheers Greg
    I Reckon I am Perilously close to 592 Bhp With all my non dangerous Mods

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I think some people forget, it's a free country - At the end of the day... what difference does it make if someone else car runs the 1/4 in 15... or 10 seconds for that matter.

If someone said i 'should go there' or 'should go here' I'd just laugh.

Concentrate on your own cars... enjoy it...and let other people do the same
    Well said Monkey!

But if he's a mechanic so has to concentrate on a lot of cars! lol

Cheers Greg
    I Reckon I am Perilously close to 592 Bhp With all my non dangerous Mods

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 727 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by RT MECHANICS View Post
    Hi Gary

The events I choose to go to are my choice I will never be told which events I should be going to especially by T5D5 members its such a shame that Tim and chums have turned the Volvo world to such low levels as I was one day hoping to have a run against me Tim and Elliot etc but that will never happen

Russ
    If it wasn't for places like t5d5 no one would of found out about the poor work you did on Greg's car and all the work and parts you charged people for but didn't do or fit. It seems to be the only forum that has the balls to say things as they are without the mods deleting things.
    Last edited by MIKESC70T5; Saturday 25th September 2010 at 00:05.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MIKESC70T5 For This Useful Post:

siamblue (Saturday 25th September 2010),T5-Andy (Saturday 25th September 2010)

This user has no status

Thanks
    I don't want to teach anyone to suck eggs...

... but correct me if I'm wrong...

assuming this is a track day... on a track day... it's possible to crash, or be crashed into ?

Stop me if I'm getting over complex or technical here...
    There are very clear rules on track days which if followed by a competent driver avoid accidents as demonstrated at CC in July. But I don't believe that Rus was suggesting an accident, was he?? Certainly not how I read the remark anyway!

Gizza job!
    Thanks
    But I don't believe that Rus was suggesting an accident, was he?? Certainly not how I read the remark anyway!
    Agreed.

I think that was a low blow Russ, verging on offensive.

Divide and conquer is unlikely to be a winning strategy in such a small world.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yosser For This Useful Post:

JelT5 (Saturday 25th September 2010),T5-Andy (Saturday 25th September 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I'm with James (and others) totally on this...what is it with all the inter forum fighting????

It's ridiculous, childish and totally off-putting for a lot of people- time to take a deep breath and chill out folks!

We all like modifying our cars or we wouldn't be here in the first place! So, can we all just behave like reasonable, rational human beings for a change?

If there's anything that'll drive (unintentional pun) me away from this (or any other) forum it's the silly behaviour that I've witnessed recently regarding tuners/ what forum you belong to etc etc. Jeeez!!!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to JelT5 For This Useful Post:

Turkish (Saturday 25th September 2010)

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    I do find the inter forum bitchiness a bit tiresom, I'v met a few people off vpcuk and found them all to be nice, helpfull people, I have also met a few people of t5d5, and the same applies, I'v met T5-Andy and Tony-T5 (which seem to be the clique people are talking about) and both are really nice people.
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

21. The Following User Says Thank You to claymore For This Useful Post:

T5-Andy (Saturday 25th September 2010)

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    Too right, I want to get a better time at York...

I'm running 225 profile conti contact sport 3's on the front now, and going to drop my front pressure to 25PSI... so will hopefully get more grip.

What pressure is the best to run your fronts and backs for the 1/4?
    this season I was running full slicks at 25 psi on the front and 38 psi on the rear.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

This user has no status

Thanks
    Seeing as Rus seems to have gone all bashful on us!!!!

http://www.torquestats.com/modified/...php?car_id=160

12.14 seconds with a terminal speed of 126mph Rus???? As you now have actual data rather than a somewhat overly optomistic guesstimate will you be updating that page, seeing as such a claim may mislead potential customers as to your capabilities???

This user has no status

Thanks
    Seeing as Rus seems to have gone all bashful on us!!!!

http://www.torquestats.com/modified/...php?car_id=160

12.14 seconds with a terminal speed of 126mph Rus???? As you now have actual data rather than a somewhat overly optomistic guesstimate will you be updating that page, seeing as such a claim may mislead potential customers as to your capabilities???
    What is it with Andrew D, Tim W, Tony B, Ben C and Ben L.

They all seem to have a right Hard-on for Russ.... Wherever he posts, they are there to follow.. Like teenage girls following a boy band.

They never post on here or VOC yet as soon as Russ has posted they post up on T5D5 so everyone quickly posts on the relevant thread... Fan boys eh!

I am one that thinks threads should be locked, it does no good to anyone, no useful information at all now. No harm in locking threads at all, it happens on all car forums.
    Last edited by Turkish; Saturday 25th September 2010 at 13:38. Reason: Full surnames... no need.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Turkish For This Useful Post:

BruceT (Saturday 25th September 2010),t5_monkey (Saturday 25th September 2010)

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post

They all seem to have a right Hard-on for Russ.... Wherever he posts, they are there to follow.. Like teenage girls following a boy band.

They never post on here or VOC yet as soon as Russ has posted they post up on T5D5 so everyone quickly posts on the relevant thread... Fan boys eh!

I am one that thinks threads should be locked, it does no good to anyone, no useful information at all now. No harm in locking threads at all, it happens on all car forums.
    I'd Second what Turkish said - Russ' teenage fan club needs keeping in check, whatever their issue they are diminishing the enjoyment everyone else gets from coming on here.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to t5_monkey For This Useful Post:

Turkish (Saturday 25th September 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    im a member of Both forums. I find they are both informative and both interesting.. thats all im interested in. so Im a happy troll.....I just swear more on the other site.. hehehe..

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Storm-Troll For This Useful Post:

MIKESC70T5 (Saturday 25th September 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 727 Posts
    No offence intended but new comers like t5 monkey and turkish probably don't know what so called tuners like HLM have done in the past. Before the VPC big crash no one was allowed to make any negative comments about HLM.
    I for one jumped in once after HLM shouted about how they were the only authorised place to sell the then new Koni Fsd kits and people on this forum would get a great price. It was a crock of crap as i came on saying i was already selling them and could easily undercut there prices. What happened? i got an instant ban because HLM got the hump and moaned to Justin.
    The t5d5 forum is far from perfect but atleast you can feel free to give your opinion be it positive or negative about service you recieve from tuners.
    It's a real shame that this forum crashed and with it all the past history that touched upon the issues that members on t5d5 still comment about. I'm sure if some newer members had all the past info they would feel differently and understand why some members still feel it necesary to bring up the past.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MIKESC70T5 For This Useful Post:

S70T5Chris (Saturday 25th September 2010),T5-Andy (Monday 27th September 2010),t5_monkey (Saturday 25th September 2010),Turkish (Saturday 25th September 2010)

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post

Just for balance I looked at the last 25 posts I did on here and not one of them was aimed at or in reply to Russ. They were ALL aimed at helping members of this forum. They were very easy facts to check so please do to avoid making false claims in future.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tim Williams For This Useful Post:

Al115 (Sunday 26th September 2010),MIKESC70T5 (Saturday 25th September 2010),T5-Andy (Monday 27th September 2010),Turkish (Saturday 25th September 2010)

Thread Information