Join Today
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    the-man-that-can
    This user has no status
    russ's 14.8 ummmm apolagies for the quality but used my phone to video bits of the event and it was pi**ing it down at points lol. have then used my phone again to film this 1 bit of my tv screen lol. HOPE u all like

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by the-man-that-can View Post
    was to wet on the day all the cars and bikes that ran up the strip was strugling for grip. it was my 1st time at the event and i thought it was quite a good day out despite the horrid weather highlights for me was when a ferrari f40 spun out and stoped just inches from the barrier hehehe everyone was like noooooooooooooooo and also a new skyline gtr took off his traction control etc etc and he nearly lost it pulling off the line. £10 entry fee was cheap i thought and will definatly be attending next year. oh and got to meet russ and his yellow beast what a nice and freindly chap he seemed to be.
    That would explain the time then,not a bad time then in the wet lol

http://www.terrabear-newfoundlands.co.uk/
    You always come back to what you know !!!
    13.8@ 103mph fastest forum 850 in 2010 Running 286bhp(former owner)

the-man-that-can
    This user has no status
    yes sure would Rnash it was a shame really as previous days the weather was good lol sods law. really brave was the old lads on there old bone shaker motorbikes rain ruined the event sadly as most was not even bothering i mean on the last top 6 fastest cars there was a chance to do a final run to better ur time and only 2 or 3 even botherd to compete as conditions was so so bad. but believe it or not there was a ford puma kit car there and he managed a 10 second quarter mile in the wet lol hahahahahaha il upload the video ok

the-man-that-can
    This user has no status
    here we go 1 FAST PUMA lol

ferrari f40 spins out stops inches from railings

Last edited by the-man-that-can; Tuesday 14th September 2010 at 09:59.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Elliot's best public time was achieved at North Weald which like Brighton is not a dedicated drag strip as the others mentioned are, his previous best public time was at SP in February when shortly after the track was closed because it snowed......... I know as I was there lol.

Having run at all 3 I would say AP is my favourite although NW is on my doorstep but is a s--t launch being an old WW2 concrete airfield.

http://www.northwealdmotorsport.co.uk/index.html

Maybe Russ should spread his wings a bit and not just run at Brighton once a year...........or better still get the Peril out on a public trackday?

I will gladly give him some tips from the driving seat
    Engineer

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,058 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    Elliot's best public time was achieved at North Weald which like Brighton is not a dedicated drag strip as the others mentioned are, his previous best public time was at SP in February when shortly after the track was closed because it snowed......... I know as I was there lol.
    Thanks for that Gary.

Maybe Russ should spread his wings a bit and not just run at Brighton once a year...........or better still get the Peril out on a public trackday?
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again:- You've got more chance of ££££££££££ the queen!

What an absolute joke.
    Factory White 855R : 2.5 Bottom End : Ported & Flowed Cylinder Head : TD04 19T Turbo
    VXR Injectors : ME7 Manifold : TWR Throttle Body : Blackbeast IC : AEM Progressive WI : Ferrita 3" Downpipe
    Milltek Cat-Back : BC BR Coilovers : IPD ARB : AP Racing Brakes : M56 & Gripper LSD

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    having seen Stuart with his 500bhp 850 do the whole 1/4mile spinning the wheels yes you can have too much, i'd like to see the Peril do the 1/4mile on a proper strip tho instead of closed roads to compare the times on an equal balance
    Me too a trip to a proper drag strip is on the cards
    LOOK at our project :
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16301
    591 BHP 524 Ftlbs torque so far
    The Most Powerful T5 in the UK

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RT MECHANICS View Post
    Me too a trip to a proper drag strip is on the cards
    if your going to either Santa Pod or Avon let us know

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatout Phil View Post
    Madiera Drive is IMHO a terrible strip. Very uneven, lots of white lines, has temporary traffic islands to stop it being used as a drag strip except when the trials go on - so all in all, the surface is like that of the Moon by comparison to a strip.
    Would be great to see the Peril at a proper strip. But as I keep saying, if only there was a strip in Kent or Sussex (although North Weald is not that far up the road from this side of London). Mind you, having a drag strip at the end of your garden will not enhance property prices!
    Thankyou Phil the surface at brighton is of course just a public road not a proper drag strip so a go at a strip with some grip and dry weather will be good fun
    LOOK at our project :

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RT MECHANICS For This Useful Post:

Flatout Phil (Monday 20th September 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by the-man-that-can View Post
    was to wet on the day all the cars and bikes that ran up the strip was strugling for grip. it was my 1st time at the event and i thought it was quite a good day out despite the horrid weather highlights for me was when a ferrari f40 spun out and stoped just inches from the barrier hehehe everyone was like noooooooooooooooo and also a new skyline gtr took off his traction control etc etc and he nearly lost it pulling off the line. £10 entry fee was cheap i thought and will definatly be attending next year. oh and got to meet russ and his yellow beast what a nice and freindly chap he seemed to be.
    Was great to meet you too i am glad you enjoyed the day just a shame you had not sorted out the weather lol i told you the puma was a great one to watch would be nice to see some more of your Yellow Peril too
    LOOK at our project :

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RT MECHANICS For This Useful Post:

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    if your going to either Santa Pod or Avon let us know
    Will do
    LOOK at our project :

This user has no status
    Thanks
    A vid and a couple of pics from the day thanks to a customer :

LOOK at our project :

15. The Following User Says Thank You to RT MECHANICS For This Useful Post:

Flatout Phil (Monday 20th September 2010)

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    they look more like scientists than track marshals lol

This user has no status
    Thanks

Having run at all 3 I would say AP is my favourite although NW is on my doorstep but is a s--t launch being an old WW2 concrete airfield.

http://www.northwealdmotorsport.co.uk/index.html

I will gladly give him some tips from the driving seat

Hi Gary
    The Brighton Speed trials is the longest running motorsport even in the world so not really a private do i will be doing a few track days in time when i am ready...
    Avon park looks like a good site will also try santa pod in time...
    What times did you do in your volvo ? how is the Turbo Tuner going ??

Russ
    LOOK at our project :

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Hi Gary
    The Brighton Speed trials is the longest running motorsport even in the world so not really a private do i will be doing a few track days in time when i am ready...
    Avon park looks like a good site will also try santa pod in time...
    What times did you do in your volvo ? how is the Turbo Tuner going ??

Russ

The word public Russ was used in the context that no competition licence is required to mix it on track at the events I mentioned and I am well aware that the Brighton Speed Trials is the longest running motorsport event in the world but only run once a year long before you were born mate and according to their official timings you clocked 14.75s/101 mph in practice and 14.84/101 mph on your timed competition run in the Handicap class attention to detail is everything mate unlike your VOC post

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showpost.php?p=744433&postcount=13

Which brings me to a question I have to ask Russ, why have a competition licence and use it only once a year? When you could join the VOC challenge and enter a few sprints, Goodwood is on your doorstep and some of the other tracks they run at are not far away.

In answer to your questions, I’ve never competed and don’t intend to do any ¼ miles in my S70 T5 track car which is still being built and developed for track days, although it does have an MOT, tax and insurance so is not a trailer Queen as Elliot jokingly classes such cars!

The car on its first run out completed 116 miles on track and used 70 odd litres of fuel and never missed a beat at the Volvo UK MRG Castle Combe Charity Track Day in July running on the standard TT map although we did destroy one slick tyre, a truly great day out on track despite the rain and slippery track surface during the morning sessions.

I’m sure you could have attended Russ along with all the other Volvo enthusiasts running their cars that day if you had placed an entry or been invited, unlike some who were not but did anyway with the view of trying to obtain some commercial gain from the days proceedings.

As regards my every day S70R Auto which has run on the ¼ mile (not stall launched as it destroys transmissions) my best ¼'s are:

Avon Park 14.89s/97.6mph. Cold and slimly.

North Weald 15.01s/100.1mph. Hot day.

Santa Pod 14.67s/93.1mph. Below zero temps/ snow stopped play.

Gary.
    Last edited by Engineer; Wednesday 22nd September 2010 at 20:22.
    Engineer

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    The word public Russ was used in the context that no competition licence is required to mix it on track at the events I mentioned and I am well aware that the Brighton Speed Trials is the longest running motorsport event in the world but only run once a year long before you were born mate and according to their official timings you clocked 14.75s/101 mph in practice and 14.84/101 mph on your timed competition run in the Handicap class attention to detail is everything mate unlike your VOC post

Which brings me to a question I have to ask Russ, why have a competition licence and use it only once a year? When you could join the VOC challenge and enter a few sprints, Goodwood is on your doorstep and some of the other tracks they run at are not far away.

In answer to your questions, I’ve never competed and don’t intend to do any ¼ miles in my S70 T5 track car which is still being built and developed for track days, although it does have an MOT, tax and insurance so is not a trailer Queen as Elliot jokingly classes such cars!

The car on its first run out completed 116 miles on track and used 70 odd litres of fuel and never missed a beat at the Volvo UK MRG Castle Combe Charity Track Day in July running on the standard TT map although we did destroy one slick tyre, a truly great day out on track despite the rain and slippery track surface during the morning sessions.

I’m sure you could have attended Russ along with all the other Volvo enthusiasts running their cars that day if you had placed an entry or been invited, unlike some who were not but did anyway with the view of trying to obtain some commercial gain from the days proceedings.

As regards my every day S70R Auto which has run on the ¼ mile (not stall launched as it destroys transmissions) my best ¼'s are:

Gary.
    Is your s70r completly standard?
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

This user has no status
    Thanks

Gary.
    Hi Gary

A competition licence is easy and cheap for all to get if they so wish its only £40 approx with no medical needed, I have been going to watch the speed trials for many years as its open to all to have a go in a great selection of cars and bikes it’s a great day out for any petrol head . As for my times if your really want to pick holes I did not dare make the car sound faster then it had been as the world may of ended…so can live with the 14.84 at 101 lol

I went to the BST in 2008 when the Peril was almost a rolling shell I set myself a goal that day to be at the 2009 event with the car entered I did not go to win I went to take part that’s the fun of it for me the car was no where near ‘’finished’’ due to cams etc but some forums love to make fun and pick holes in things because they all have 500 hp and all the cars are built for £1 and never ever go wrong....

The events I choose to go to are my choice I will never be told which events I should be going to especially by T5D5 members its such a shame that Tim and chums have turned the Volvo world to such low levels as I was one day hoping to have a run against me Tim and Elliot etc but that will never happen , I could not care less who won, I will be inviting Elliot though lol

The Peril was never built just for ¼ mile events just for road use and anything else I decide to use the car for its our car so we decide.

As for me ever attending a T5D5 event I would not waste my life and could not care less what they do ,I have no idea what your talking about with CC as I never ever had any intention of going invited or not I have no wish to have my car damaged...

Russ
    LOOK at our project :

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RT MECHANICS For This Useful Post:

t5_monkey (Friday 24th September 2010),Wobbly Dave (Friday 24th September 2010)

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    I think some people forget, it's a free country - At the end of the day... what difference does it make if someone else car runs the 1/4 in 15... or 10 seconds for that matter.

If someone said i 'should go there' or 'should go here' I'd just laugh.

Concentrate on your own cars... enjoy it...and let other people do the same

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to t5_monkey For This Useful Post:

Jamest5r (Friday 24th September 2010),LiamT4 (Saturday 25th September 2010),RT MECHANICS (Sunday 26th September 2010),Wobbly Dave (Friday 24th September 2010)

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    I do the 1/4 for a number of reasons. Yeah I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't like a quicker time but I do it also for the social comaradery, sense of inter-group competition & the fact it is a cheap sport. All the bits I have I am trying to prove as a fast road car rather than a focused drag machine. This last season has been the most fun & I can't wait for winter so I can start fettling. Maybe see if I can make a difference for next year???

Looking fwd to next year & a few more meets.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wobbly Dave For This Useful Post:

Jamest5r (Friday 24th September 2010),LiamT4 (Saturday 25th September 2010),RT MECHANICS (Sunday 26th September 2010),t5_monkey (Friday 24th September 2010)

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbly Dave View Post
    I do the 1/4 for a number of reasons. Yeah I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't like a quicker time but I do it also for the social comaradery, sense of inter-group competition & the fact it is a cheap sport. All the bits I have I am trying to prove as a fast road car rather than a focused drag machine. This last season has been the most fun & I can't wait for winter so I can start fettling. Maybe see if I can make a difference for next year???

Looking fwd to next year & a few more meets.
    Too right, I want to get a better time at York...

I'm running 225 profile conti contact sport 3's on the front now, and going to drop my front pressure to 25PSI... so will hopefully get more grip.

What pressure is the best to run your fronts and backs for the 1/4?

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

Thread Information