Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    the-man-that-can
    This user has no status

Angry :cussing: had a f**king nuff grrrrrrrrrrr

well i decided to use my old rusty sides in the end to put me brand new rad back in. tho like a fool i am i saw that a few of the lower tabs seem to be like not fully pressed in on the rad so i got a flat head and i tapd them with a hammer (what i called soft) and i have now cracked the end plastic cap slightly on a brand new £130 rad grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr well i have really had enuff of the dam car to be fair have been strugglin me guts out to get bits to get the dam thing on the road again and i am now gona get a second hand rad from the scrappy if i can source 1 and SELL the car i think as i have had enuff!! i tell you being a loon i am i am so so close to actually taking it to me local scrap yard and just crush it. i mean i paid £1200 for the car and have spent spent spent on various things that keep going wrong. SORRY for the rant everyone but me like everyone else aint made of money and all i wanted was to do whats best for the dam car and now all that money blown on the rad and its screwd WHY does all bad things happen to all the nice guys huh!!! :'( am so so sick as a parrot right now i just aint got no more money at the mo to fund this dam VOLVO grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    if it the plastic you've cracked can you not Araldite it back together

3. The Following User Says Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

the-man-that-can
    This user has no status
    mate its screwd. just really anoyd and i think its gona be bye bye volvo. and sadly bye bye vpcuk apreciate all ur help guys just everything i do on that car goes wrong. its like a curse or omen it was my 1st volvo and seems to be the last ok its not a minter so things do go wrong its just soon as i fix sumin another thing goes wrong and its so hard to get the parts 2nd hand.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by the-man-that-can View Post
    WHY does all bad things happen to all the nice guys huh!!!
    It just does! Thats how things work and you have to realise this

Its the nice guys who step in to stop a fight and get battered to death!

Count to ten, stand back and think why you have the car in the 1st place. Its VERY rare, its yellow, and you love it Things are meant to try us in life, and your Volvo is doing that at the mo.

For me, my bad luck comes in spells (i think phases of the moon) where NOTHING at all goes right and i cant doing anything right no matter how i try, but then everything goes ok again..............its carma

Get a second hand rad, and dont spend money on the car unless you HAVE to. If you sold it now, the next car might be even worse! Better the devil you know im starting to think

Good luck with it
    Thankyou, Goodnight....much love

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Liddo For This Useful Post:

the-man-that-can
    This user has no status
    thanks Liddo all u say is right and true but i just cant seem to get nowhere with the car lol all i wanted was to keep it alive and look after it and keep it on the road as yes these yellow t5r's are rare (and its manual) thing is i cant even get the parts i need on the owners club IE here so all the odds are stacked against me it seems

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    someone will have a second had rad mate on here to help you .dont get rid of her she will be worth it in the end.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to smithy For This Useful Post:

the-man-that-can
    This user has no status
    thanks smithy just really anoyd and i cant believe how poor made the rads are on these cars. i have just been in me garage and found an old renault 5 turbo rad and the rad off me old wrx impreza BOTH have metal end caps and are sealed units. these volvo t5/t5r rads have PLASTIC end caps that once breathed on apear to break. i mean how rediculous to have plastic end caps held in by little aluminium lugs. the old rad went as there was so much pressure i guess over time it pushed the little lugs out on the right hand side bottom corner. the plastic end cap there for came away from the rad and so all me water/antifreeze came out
    Last edited by the-man-that-can; Thursday 5th August 2010 at 16:50.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I threw two 850 rads out about a month ago for the garage space, shame that stuff like this always happens at the wrong time!!! Sorry mate. I'm sure someone on here will be able to help you. Many people have sheds full of random spare bits.
    Alastair
    Current: 2009 Cayenne GTS and a 2016 Prius IV... yes.
    Previous Volvos: 2009 V50 D5 R-Design, 2005 V70R, 2001 V70 T5, 2001 S40 T4, 2x 1999 S40 T4, 2003 V40 T4, 1999 V70 T5, 1996 854 T5 & 855 T5, 1995 855 T5, and a 480...
    Previous other stuff: Saxo Turbo, 2004 996 C4S, 2008 Z4M, 2001 Yaris T-Sport, 2002 S2000 Mugen, and a 1999 Evo VI

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Al115 For This Useful Post:

NOS
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,341 Posts
    now then mate got a rad of a t5r its in very good con u can have it for free

"WOODY T5 fastest volvo 850 since 2011/12/13/14 @ avon and york 13.3 112mph
    854 t5 19t gripper mte bc loads more 311.6 whp 373 foot pound 342 @ clucth
    toy cbr954

14. The Following User Says Thank You to WOODY T5 For This Useful Post:

the-man-that-can
    This user has no status
    WOW smithness are u sure for free tho mate ?????? i cant except the rad for nothing tho as im a total stranger to u like all on the forum. what i can do is when i get paid can give u sum beer money and can also cover the p&p. how good is the rad tho mate? is the oil cooler section ok? or was there any known leaks faults or issues? so so sorry for sounding fussy and ungrateful its just if i put in a rad and it fails il just go mentally insane and prob torch the car lol. THANKS ALOT (andi) BTW you have pm too
    Last edited by the-man-that-can; Thursday 5th August 2010 at 17:12.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    See! Knew someone would help you out!

These volvos are like evil mistresses, they tease you with what they might do, but demand new shiny parts & bits before they'll do it!

They are worth it really.

If you do want to get rid of it, you'll be no more than 2 months before you start to kick yourself for it. Just don't do it! You'll never ever find another.

You think I know **** nothing! But let me tell you I know **** all!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to thebadger For This Useful Post:

the-man-that-can
    This user has no status
    well thanks thebadger and HUGE thanks to SMITHNESS and to all who post to help me out. i just was so angry at breaking the new rad i know how rare the manual yellow t5r's are and i really love everything about them too its just 1 thing after another and what with stresses of life on topa car troubles well i guess it just makes 1 mega mega angry and so i blew a fuse. all i want is to get the car up together and then apreciate the fact i have a rare limeted edition car thats seldom seen on public roads SORRY to all members here for the ranting. i guess certain GSF repo parts are not always a good choice for these swedish machines but main dealer prices are just insane so 1 can only stretch to what he can afford i guess.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to the-man-that-can For This Useful Post:

thebadger (Thursday 5th August 2010)

NOS
    Thanks
    WOW smithness are u sure for free tho mate ?????? i cant except the rad for nothing tho as im a total stranger to u like all on the forum. what i can do is when i get paid can give u sum beer money and can also cover the p&p. how good is the rad tho mate? is the oil cooler section ok? or was there any known leaks faults or issues? so so sorry for sounding fussy and ungrateful its just if i put in a rad and it fails il just go mentally insane and prob torch the car lol. THANKS ALOT (andi) BTW you have pm too
    pm sent

toy cbr954

This user has no status
    Thanks
    If you DO sell, bagsy first dibbs

Just kidding! Keep it and love it. Theres plenty of Ovlov on this site
    Thankyou, Goodnight....much love

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Liddo For This Useful Post:

the-man-that-can
    This user has no status
    will bear you in mind then Liddo if i end up sellin the interceptor hehee

NOS
    Thanks
    will bear you in mind then Liddo if i end up sellin the interceptor hehee
    hi mate yours auto or manual this rad is off a auto t5r>?

toy cbr954

This user has no status
    Thanks
    He mentions in a post that it's a manual. Poop!

You think I know **** nothing! But let me tell you I know **** all!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to thebadger For This Useful Post:

WOODY T5 (Thursday 5th August 2010)

NOS
    Thanks
    oh dear?

toy cbr954

This user has no status

Thanks
    Dont give up on it........

I have a Lancia Delta HF Intergrale 8v KAT, its forever broken, and if ya think parts for yours are rare !!!! Its been off the road for 8 months now ccos it failed its MOT and need £7,000 spending to get its ticket its took me this long to get enough money to get it fixed ( goes off mid august to have the work done) and even at that Im borrowing money to get her back on the road. The number of times I have felt like setting fire to her, especially after spending a ton of money fixing something only to have something else break the very next day.......

BUT.....

When shes running and I drive her about I remember why its worth it. People with petrol in their blood stop and stare, just like they will with yours... a yellow T5R, rare car ! I parked her 3 cars away from a lambo in a car park and when I came back to the car the crowd was round my little tatty lancia and not round the pristine lambo... the lambo diver was even in the crowd and had waited 45 mins for me to get back... just so he could sit in the drivers seat ! The only thing I get really fed up with is cleaning the fingerprints and nose prints off the drivers side window !

You have a rare beast, and like all rare beasts it will demand your constant attension, and big chuncks out of your pocket at regular intervals, but when you have the matches in your hand and an evil glint in your eye just remember that feeling of driving her and knowing that you are 1 of a very select group of people fortunate enough to have one, and remember how BIG you feel sat behind the wheel with virtually every bloke in the land looking at you thinking.... LUCKY BARSTEWARD !

PS.. how much do you want for her ?.... no no no I cant have another car..4 is enough for anyone... how much did you say.....?

*clicks close and walks away before buying another frigging car :-)*
    Last edited by wegal; Friday 6th August 2010 at 07:46.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to wegal For This Useful Post:

the-man-that-can
    This user has no status
    hi wegal interesting post and yes lancia hf's are rare a freind of a freind use to have a eveloution 2 model hf in bright yellow umm 16v i think they are very rare cars and the owner would only ever take it out on the odd weekend or to a car show i recall it spent most of its life under covers in a heated garage lol and was never ever run in the rain. i know how fragile these cars are there flimsier than a paper kite but yes as u say its the thrill factor of knowin that 1's car can draw a crowd and indeed spark alot of interest among other fellow motorist and thats the reason i guess we keep the cars in the 1st place as u said above as for sellin the car like anything in life anything has a price hahahahahaha

AND YES CARS MANUAL smithness.
    Last edited by the-man-that-can; Friday 6th August 2010 at 08:50.

Thread Information