Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

sc-900 common fault?

Since I've had the car my stereo won't load cd's. Thought it was the cartridge as one of the clips was broken. The stereo just whirrs n clicks very loudly if you select cd and comes up with error 02.
    So I forked out £30 on a new 3cd cartridge thinking it was that but it isn't!! It does exectly the same. I took the unit out and took the top off. There is nothing stuck inside and all looks well. The only thing I can see is that the little arm that moves up and down to select the cd from the cartridge doesn't seem to be trying to select anything. It moves up and down but the arm doesn't move out to get the cd?? I think it proper broke unless someone had any ideas?

Bailey dump valve + Boost gauge + Manual boost controller + K&N induction kit + Powerflow cat back exhaust + Strut Brace + Bilstein shock n sports springs with 40mm drop
    = very fast and still turns corners

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    Sorry i can't be of more help, apart from to say that yes it is a common fault. When mine started going wrong i had a search, but couldn't find a definitive answer, the fact that i have a changer in the boot means that i have been lazy and not got it sorted as money is a bit tight and there are other things i'd like to do 1st.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    well yeah thats what i'm doing now. just managed to pick up a 6 disc changer for the boot off of fleabay for £20 so I won't bother with the changer on the stereo.

Bailey dump valve + Boost gauge + Manual boost controller + K&N induction kit + Powerflow cat back exhaust + Strut Brace + Bilstein shock n sports springs with 40mm drop

This user has no status

Thanks

Volvo HU/CD Changers

Its such a shame that the Volvo Head Units with built in changers seem to be so flimsy they fail on P1 and P2 V70's in my experience.

That's the reason I have changed 3 cars over to Kenwood double din units over the years. Plus it was cheaper than the fix from Volvo??? With the added benefit of being easy to upgrade. Digital TV/Radio, DVD, MP3, GPS, CD, Bluetooth etc.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mds For This Useful Post:

mightywolf (Wednesday 28th July 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I know its a bit late, but ALL of my 903's had the same issue, and all's it was, was a dirty lense. Take the unit out, and remove the top cover and i THINK you have to stop the mechanism mid eject to get at the lense Get some nail polish remover on a cotton bud and clean it.

PS, they dont always like "copied" C.D's either
    Thankyou, Goodnight....much love

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Liddo For This Useful Post:

mightywolf (Wednesday 28th July 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Liddo View Post
    I know its a bit late, but ALL of my 903's had the same issue, and all's it was, was a dirty lense. Take the unit out, and remove the top cover and i THINK you have to stop the mechanism mid eject to get at the lense Get some nail polish remover on a cotton bud and clean it.

PS, they dont always like "copied" C.D's either
    well i can give it a go for nowt. I'll let ya know if it works!

Thread Information