Join Today

Thread: oil leak

This user has no status
    Thanks

oil leak

Hey all. I noticed a small spot of oil on the road where I'd parked yesterday so had a quick check and thought it was the sump plug leaking.
    This morning I got underneath cleaned up round the sump and realised its not coming from there. It looks like it coming from underneath the manifold somewhere. You can't see anything from the top of the engine except near the bottom of the dipstick. Now I did change all the pcv system a couple of weeks ago, but it seems strange that its just started leaking now if it was something to do with that.
    Are there any common leakage causes under there before I have to take all the manifold off to have a look?

Bailey dump valve + Boost gauge + Manual boost controller + K&N induction kit + Powerflow cat back exhaust + Strut Brace + Bilstein shock n sports springs with 40mm drop
    = very fast and still turns corners

in dilema near ilford
    Thanks
    seal on bottom of dipstick tube?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    i have the same problem read my posts but as the oil only comes when driven and there is plenty of it i am not sure if it is the dipstick or under mnifold somewhere and i have had all pipes done and no smoke anywhere

This user has no status
    Thanks
    yeah i think mine only leaks when driven. and its defo from under the manifold somewhere. could be the dipstick tube seal. guess i'll have to strip it down and have a look

Bailey dump valve + Boost gauge + Manual boost controller + K&N induction kit + Powerflow cat back exhaust + Strut Brace + Bilstein shock n sports springs with 40mm drop

This user has no status
    Thanks
    ok i've found a few posts. it defo coming from the front, its not the head gasket.
    reckon its either the seal for the dipstick tube or a pipe or summat has come loose after replacing the pcv system. bugger, don't wanna have to take it all apart again

This user has no status
    Thanks
    ok done now. changed the dipstick seal cos I had a new seal but it wasn't that. I only changed all the pcv system a couple of weeks ago, but the small elbow that comes from the block and attaches to the oil seperator had split badly. Looked like it had been shredded on one side. Bit gutted as it was all new parts, but i've fixed it up for now till I can get a new elbow.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mightywolf For This Useful Post:

princepugh (Friday 30th July 2010)

Thread Information