Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rs13219 View Post
    I've bought the powerflex stabilizer bar bushes but they won't fit, the hole is definitely too small. Anyone else had this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by rs13219 View Post
    They wouldn't fit & i even took them to a precision engineering company who set up & build race engines/rally cars. In the end had the brackets machined out by 3.5mm to accommodate the bushes.
    The Powerflex bushes for the engine stay bar are a VERY tight fit and IMHO are meant to be to fill the gap between the outer housing and the inner bush through which the mounting bolt fits.
    When I had a set (which Dave S now has) there was no way I could force theminto the gap by hand. I think it requires the pressure from tightening the whole thing up to force the Powerflex into the gap. This will then provide the required stiffness to the whole bush.

Somehow what you have done does not sound correct.

Have a look here: http://forums.t5d5.org/topic/4575-po..._hl__powerflex

Personally I preferred the cheaper repair washer trick to make the whole stay bar solid.

Don't let age define you. It's a number that's all.

04 V70 D5 EUIII SE (MTE remap, IPD arb's, Eibach Pros, TWR custom FMIC, UR front strut brace)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    You are all obviously puffs. I can say this because I grew up in the seventies and use the Guardian to light bonfires with.

We (my mate avec le Porsche garage) pushed the bushes in and then tightened the stay bar up with a 1/2" ratchet and got em 'reet tight'. All sorted.

Buy a pair. don't be a puff. Drink Lucazade.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dave stew View Post
    You are all obviously puffs. I can say this because I grew up in the seventies and use the Guardian to light bonfires with.

We (my mate avec le Porsche garage) pushed the bushes in and then tightened the stay bar up with a 1/2" ratchet and got em 'reet tight'. All sorted.

Buy a pair. don't be a puff. Drink Lucazade.
    One would assume you were NOT drinking Lucazade last night n'est pas

04 V70 D5 EUIII SE (MTE remap, IPD arb's, Eibach Pros, TWR custom FMIC, UR front strut brace)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Umm... You should have seen the swearing and ale fuelled bile on a couple of other forums I frequent... Or perhaps not!

This user has no status

Thanks
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but does anyone know if you can get these 'QBM' strut bar conversion kits anywhere in the UK?

Would it be best to pay more and go for a proper front strut bar? Or are the conversion kits worth the money and do just a good a job?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uzyg View Post
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but does anyone know if you can get these 'QBM' strut bar conversion kits anywhere in the UK?

Would it be best to pay more and go for a proper front strut bar? Or are the conversion kits worth the money and do just a good a job?
    Looks like QBM are RIP http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/index...k-motorsports/

You might be able to get the bits from IPD. AFAIK the mounts were about $69 a pair, so not cheap especially now the exchange rate has taken a beating.

Why not try the cheapo repair washer trick first and see how you get on. That might be sufficient, although saying that I have them and an Ultra racing strut brace (T5D5 group buy).

Edit: just looked at IPD site http://www.ipdusa.com/Volvo-V70XC70-...-127-388-5560/

$109.95
    Last edited by RobbieH; Monday 2nd August 2010 at 12:55. Reason: IPD info added

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RobbieH For This Useful Post:

uzyg (Monday 2nd August 2010)

This user has no status

Thanks
    wow, for that price it may be best to get an actual strut brace. Out of curiosity, does anyone know if a brace that fits a v70 2000 - 2007 would also fit my s60 (52 plate)?

Thread Information