Join Today

Threaded View

This user has no status

Thanks

Volvrat II - Rat 940 V8 Project - Engine in....sorta!

Well Volvrat I has passed away and I am now breaking her for parts

So bring on Volvrat II!! The spirit of the rat shall live on!!! Volvrat II has already gained the name of Zippy Lea too

Went to auction today, and picked up a 1997 940 SE wagon, for £325!!!!!!!! 1 previous owner, 145k on the clock, really happy with it. Got a few issues with her though, like the tail gate handle doesn't work on the outside, and some of the lights on the dash don't work, but otherwise, it's all pretty sweet.

Redblock turbo lump, not too bad condition. Bit tatty on the exhaust system, so that'll get ripped off and a straight through pipe will be installed, and the paintwork is pretty scratched and tatty too, so it'll all be going matt black again, but no rust this time.

Interior isn't too bad at all so will keep that as it is pretty much.

Gonna stick the 15G turbo off the 850 T5 on it as well as the manual boost controller and increase the boost a bit.

Got my sounds to stick in there too, and the roof rack to chuck up top again too

Best bit is, I have the whole car to get to a suitable ratty standard, by the 8th of August for Retro Rides show at Haynes Motor Museum!! So with my days off, that works out as 5 full days for:

- Respray
    - ICE install
    - Fitting of roof rack, air horns, steelies and other bits

And hopefully time for a straight through exhaust to be sorted out too

Last edited by Crazy_C; Wednesday 2nd February 2011 at 18:01.
    matt black turbo brick rat - you know it makes sense

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Crazy_C For This Useful Post:

Happygilmore78 (Friday 30th July 2010)

Thread Information