Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

front anti roll bar bush replace how ? easy or not

How easy is it to replace the front anti roll bar bushes on late 850's ? Don't fancy paying the crazy price Volvo agent wants when there are 4 bolts to undo

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 711 Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by gotmeaT-5 View Post
    How easy is it to replace the front anti roll bar bushes on late 850's ? Don't fancy paying the crazy price Volvo agent wants when there are 4 bolts to undo
    Rather naughtily, the later bushes are bonded to the bar. So it means a new bar. For myself, I fitted IPD front and rear uprated ARB and have not regretted it, as anyone else on here will also tell you it is a good mod. The front bar is a bit of a perfomance to fit as the rear of the subframe ha to be lowered a bit, as does the steering rack. Unless you have a four-post jack, really a job for a garage (not impossible DIY but a real fiddle faddle unless the car is high up) - allow about 2 hours garage-labour for front and rear ARB and replace drop links at same time and you will be laughing.
    KISS Rs

850R manual, Rica 310, IKEA fitted bathroom, H&C running water, Jetex 2.5", pipe rack, cap stand, Forge BOV, circular wheels with full 360 degree rotation, 302mm discs, IPD front and rear anti-roll bars, numerous shiny features, sub-atomic particle accelerator, VTOL capability ...Volvo With Attitude!!!
    Also to be seen in a gold Honda CR-V these days...

"It's really fast, and growls like a tiger!"

the wait is nearly over
    Thanks
    sorry for the hijack but where did you get your bars and drop links from phil as i'm looking at doing them on mine cheers and sorry again

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 711 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by polak t5r View Post
    sorry for the hijack but where did you get your bars and drop links from phil as i'm looking at doing them on mine cheers and sorry again
    I went to the affable but rather slow-off-the-mark Don Norchi at Kalmar Union. But you can get them from PFS.
    The droplinks are standard Volvo - cost about the same as IPD (also from Don or PFS) but apparently the IPD ones whilst of a heavy gauge, don't last very well due to dirt ingress. Although I have no experience of this.
    KISS Rs

850R manual, Rica 310, IKEA fitted bathroom, H&C running water, Jetex 2.5", pipe rack, cap stand, Forge BOV, circular wheels with full 360 degree rotation, 302mm discs, IPD front and rear anti-roll bars, numerous shiny features, sub-atomic particle accelerator, VTOL capability ...Volvo With Attitude!!!
    Also to be seen in a gold Honda CR-V these days...

"It's really fast, and growls like a tiger!"

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks for the info that is mean of Volvo!!!! IPD bars from PFS are more expensive than importing them from the states how does that make sense ? Looking at Kalmar Union

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I'm not endorsing this in any way but I know some people undo the roll bar brackets and burn off the old bushes and replace them with new ones. It is a bit tight of volvo as the bushes wear but there is hardly ever anything wrong with the roll bar itself.

This user has no status

Thanks

front anti roll bar bush

Now why didn't I think of that. I assume the earlier bushes will fit

Thread Information