Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D5 Engine

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post
    There is now the possibility of a drop in uprated replacement i/c rather than mucking about with the full FMIC option some people have gone for.
    Interesting. I can't find anything anywhere about this though, could you post a link or more info please

I have found a few companies that will make a custom IC that replaces the Volvo one, but they all want SERIOUS money....

This user has no status

Thanks
    Doh - missed the fact that there was a separate section for series 2 cars! I read through your stuff RobbieH - sounds tempting. Someone else recommended that "More-bhp in Cheshire do remaps for D5's for £199.00" - Any experience of them?
    Cheers,
    Mark (4 bikes only - the V70's great for those triathlons!)
    PS. Back from France yesterday 1020 miles average 40.4mpg fully loaded with roof box. Does your chipped car better that?

PS - Where do I change my 'Profile' - no longer T5 but D5 Auto
    Last edited by Mark2cars; Friday 23rd July 2010 at 20:51.
    Mark
    NW Wales
    2008 V70 D5

This user has no status

Thanks

More bhp

I was informed that "More-bhp in Cheshire do remaps for D5's for £199.00",
    Any info on those compared to the more expensive remaps? Also a lot closer to me here in N Wales!
    Thanks,
    Finally changed my profile!
    Mark
    NW Wales
    2008 V70 D5

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark2cars View Post
    Any info on those compared to the more expensive remaps? Also a lot closer to me here in N Wales!
    Thanks,
    Finally changed my profile!
    Im thinking of going there with my D5. my mate took his 04 Golf tdi there, and he's made up with the results

I dont normally go fast anymore, but i completely wasted an A4 S-Line tdi last week and thats with my car standard, so i cant wait to see what its like mapped
    Thankyou, Goodnight....much love

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Doh - missed the fact that there was a separate section for series 2 cars! I read through your stuff RobbieH - sounds tempting. Someone else recommended that "More-bhp in Cheshire do remaps for D5's for £199.00" - Any experience of them?
    Cheers,
    Mark (4 bikes only - the V70's great for those triathlons!)
    PS. Back from France yesterday 1020 miles average 40.4mpg fully loaded with roof box. Does your chipped car better that?
    IIRC when Liddo first posted it was "from £199" and I think that was on their website. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking them as I have no experience and I've not seen anyone who has used them so I cried shy. My choice. The one thing I can say is that the MTE map I've got is specifically written for Volvo by a guy who has extensive knowledge of Volvo's where as More-BHP may not have such a background. Once again, my choice and I'm not saying they definitely won't be as good as the more "costly" options. Cheaper in the short term but longer term??
    It would be interesting to see what they can achieve.

Pre map I did 1999.7 miles from Salford to the Alps and back last year including a couple of blasts from Vensoc near Alpe d'Huez to the Col du Galibier and Vensoc to Morzine (when we moved base) and averaged 40mpg (checked via actual tank - tank calculations NOT off the trip meter). The main runs were on cruise at 80-85mph. No roof box, just me and MrsH plus two training bikes plus 2 weeks kit in the back with the seats down.
    So far, post map I'm seeing 42-44mpg cruising in UK but not enough opportunities to really set cruise for a long run (in France we sat for 3 hours with cruise set at 80mph, never been able to do that since). The other issue is my right foot is still made of lead ;-)
    Last edited by RobbieH; Monday 26th July 2010 at 00:47.

Don't let age define you. It's a number that's all.

04 V70 D5 EUIII SE (MTE remap, IPD arb's, Eibach Pros, TWR custom FMIC, UR front strut brace)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Im just tempted to try it (More-BHP that is), and see what its like. I can probably guess it wont be as good as an MTE or RICA, but i wont be paying out MTE or RICA prices. You DO get what you pay for, but as long as my car doesnt go "pop", I'll hopefully be happy. The only thing I'd be worried about is whether he wipes any Volvo updates, and doesnt reset "the counters" which makes the remap harder to trace (or something like that).

Im not going for out and out performance, im going for a little more "umphff"

Anyhoo, as soon as i get some spare cash, and no mechanicals need replacing, I'll be giving them as visit and I will report my findings
    Last edited by Liddo; Monday 26th July 2010 at 11:55.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Liddo View Post
    The only thing I'd be worried about is whether he wipes any Volvo updates, and doesnt reset "the counters" which makes the remap harder to trace (or something like that).
    Any software update / remap can be detected. More than likely the ECU will throw up "CEM-1F00 ECM SOFTWARE, FAULTY SIGNAL" or "ECM-7700". Looks like both are related to CRC mismatch between what a diagnostics system expects to see and what is actually there. The ME7 system and diseasel equivalent is quite clever and if anyone says they can hide things like remaps, they are more than likely wrong and not telling the truth.

IIRC the 7700 code is alert the dealer or garage that there is different software on board than expected so that they don't just drop an update on the ECU and wipe the map.

Why do you want to make the remap harder to trace? To hide it from insurance? If so, if anything goes wrong (accident wise) and you have not declared the mod you could (more likely will) be in a world of hurt and could run the risk of your insurance being voided.

My MTE is declared (along with all other mods (mostly suspension) at 191bhp. Compared to stock (163bhp) that is +17% and in total I ended up with an £80 increase in my premium (and that includes any effect from the postcode lottery). AFAIK it's when you go above +20-25% in power increase that premiums start to go a bit crazy.

Don't let age define you. It's a number that's all.

04 V70 D5 EUIII SE (MTE remap, IPD arb's, Eibach Pros, TWR custom FMIC, UR front strut brace)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post
    AFAIK it's when you go above +20-25% in power increase that premiums start to go a bit crazy.
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, now thats interesting. I might have a poke about

Thread Information