Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Showroom Shine, my thoughts on it.

Well, it was actually dry last night, so i decided to give the Showroom Shine a go. I bought a couple of large microfibre towels and went to work.

One thing that immediatley peed me off was that it splattered all over the place, but never mind i thought, I'll crack on. I used one towel to spread and smear the liquid, and the second to buff once it had glazed over. It came off really easily and left a lovely shine, although i wouldnt say it looks as good as it does on the telly. I did the whole car in about 20-30mins, and to the touch, the paint felt lovely and clean and smear free. The side and rear windows also come up gleaming, but i stayed away from the windscreen as per instructions.

Again, back to the splattering. Here's me, thinking the car looks great, and off i drive to my Dads for a visit. Looking through the windscreen, i see patches of splattered polish, and also on the passenger wing mirror. Obviously i didnt see all this when i finished, and it peed me off that i hadnt completed the job Also, on winding down the windows, it revealed a lovely white line of polish that needed a quick wipe at the next set of lights I also noticed the tyres had white splatter marks all over the place!

So, all in all, its a decent product, cleans the car nicely, but can be messy if your in a rush. Its perfect for using before "meets" if your fussy OR, as in my case, if your in a "hose pipe ban" area.

Its NOT as good as Idealworld make out, and I'd prefer to wash and polish my car properly, but again, it will do a quick clean if required.
    Thankyou, Goodnight....much love

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Liddo For This Useful Post:

Jamest5r (Thursday 5th August 2010),The Flying Moose (Friday 6th August 2010),volvokid (Saturday 7th August 2010),Wobbly Dave (Saturday 7th August 2010)

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    Think you need some proper applicators?

Secondly if this is a quick show and shine - then there is nothing wrong with a QD such as Last Touch diluted 1 in 4.

I personally favour the waterless carwash from Chemical Guys. You need at least 3 or 4 clean towels but I can do my C70 in about 20 mins
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

This user has no status

Thanks
    i have used for a few years now never really had a complaint except the mess but it is good stuff and it is fantastic on a black car makes it look brand new if not to clean and you can see the scrapes car park dings etc I always buy it when it is on offer I have an account with them usually get it a bit cheaper or free p&p

5. The Following User Says Thank You to scooter For This Useful Post:

volvokid (Saturday 7th August 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    for speedy shine i have always favoured
    Megs last touch , buy in bulk size much cheaper

http://www.meguiars.co.uk/product/296

Wobbly Dave you say you dilute this ? - thoughts dilutting was really only for when using it as a claying lube ?
    Jaseb77

S80 D5 SE (now enjoying it more)
    C70 T5 GT (weekend toy)
    S60 D5 SE (gone and i miss it)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaseb77 View Post
    for speedy shine i have always favoured
    Megs last touch , buy in bulk size much cheaper

http://www.meguiars.co.uk/product/296

Wobbly Dave you say you dilute this ? - thoughts dilutting was really only for when using it as a claying lube ?

Thats more of a "finishing touch" stuff isnt it??? The stuff i bought can be used without washing the car. It actually lifts the dirt onto a fibre towel.

I tell ya one thing though, even though its PEED it down on and off for the last 3-4 days, my car still looks spotless!!!! No rain marks, no bits of crap left behind, just as good as when i did it

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    I also have a waterless carwash from Megs.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbly Dave View Post
    I also have a waterless carwash from Megs.
    Whats it called Dave?? And does it leave residue behind??? Im forever finding white bits that ive missed

Thread Information