Quote Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
See off a GTI or VXR?

Maybe if the driver and passenger in the other Motor were the losers off the biggest loser!

not that a 170bhp TDI is a slow car with such a fat midrange, but stock astra VXR's routinely run the 1/4 in the low 14's at crail (considered to be a slow drag strip) and i saw a Vectra VXR (stock) run just under 15 two up at a terminal speed of almost 100mph for both. The Corsa is roughly as quick as a stock Focus ST220 on most benchmarks.

you got a 1/4 mile time + terminal speed for your 2.0 TDI? I'd say if you can't open up at least 2 or 3 car lengths over a 1/4 you're not 'seeing someone off' you're just 'slightly quicker' ... but then if your car can run a sub 14 I'll fully appreciate the wonder of the new common rail TDI.

No one would argue an Audi is a bad car, they're good - just like VW etc... however, there is a perception in the motoring community that there's some bad apples spoiling your barrel - and I'm sure we'll all take the opportunity to gently rib you about it!

anyone defecting from Volvo.... can we call them a 'brand slag' ? That should be a VPC rule!!
Out of all of the above the most surprising thing is that someone has actually witnessed a VRX going up the 1/4 mile managing to control all the torque steer and not hit the wall and end up facing the other way TBH.