Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

850 T-5 97 Loss of coolant

My 850 T-5 has began to burn/loose its coolant from the rear pipe going over the rear heat shield but the clip doesnt look normal it looks like there should be an external key/cap to undo it any help please?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gotmeaT-5 View Post
    My 850 T-5 has began to burn/loose its coolant from the rear pipe going over the rear heat shield but the clip doesnt look normal it looks like there should be an external key/cap to undo it any help please?
    The one from the top of the turbo running to the left had side of the engine as you look at it?

http://www.terrabear-newfoundlands.co.uk/
    You always come back to what you know !!!
    13.8@ 103mph fastest forum 850 in 2010 Running 286bhp(former owner)

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 711 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gotmeaT-5 View Post
    It is a factory fitted crimp clip (my name for them). It should replace with a jubilee clip or similar AS FAR AS I KNOW! Trick is to grip the protuding end of the clip on each side with a pair of pliers and t-w-i-s-t until it breaks apart.

I had a water leak on one of these pipes by the turbo - it just snapped. The heat from the turbo bakes the rubber solid after about ten years. Rufe will supply a suitable hose.
    KISS Rs

850R manual, Rica 310, IKEA fitted bathroom, H&C running water, Jetex 2.5", pipe rack, cap stand, Forge BOV, circular wheels with full 360 degree rotation, 302mm discs, IPD front and rear anti-roll bars, numerous shiny features, sub-atomic particle accelerator, VTOL capability ...Volvo With Attitude!!!
    Also to be seen in a gold Honda CR-V these days...

"It's really fast, and growls like a tiger!"

This user has no status

Thanks
    Yes it's the one you describe [Rnash] Sadly the clip is not as you describe [Flatout Phil] I will try to get a photo or two then have to work out how to upload them so I will try to describe them here : Both have the jubilee strap style fitting looking normal there is no screwdriver blade or a 7mm hex style but more of a square key not like a Torx bit either or even a 1/4 rachet end I've never seen anything looking like the fitting.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Ive just replaced mine as it happens, you need a small torx bit T15 , its a fiddly job to do as the clutch pipe (if its a manual) is in the way, and you need child size hands to get in there.
    850R gone
    850 T5R now on the road, manual swap

16t
    Blues
    Ported inlet and exhaust 3" tb
    3"dp 2.5" system
    304 remap
    295 whp

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2425348

This user has no status

Thanks
    Cheers for the heads up will get one on Monday