Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Anti roll bar replacement

i,ve been getting a random knocking noise from the front of my 1999 c70. ive replaced the drop links,top mounts and both wishbones so now its the anti roll bars turn.
    i was wondering if anyone had changed this and what kind of cost was involved, as when i went to volvo for a price they said it depends on the c70 but could be £100 - £170 for the part alone.i could probably do the work myself although i'm not too keen on droping the sub frame so any advice with be welcome.

has anyone had this replaced by a garage maybe volvomax in glasgow as i would probably put it in there if its to much involved in the d.i.y.

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 711 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ged View Post
    i,ve been getting a random knocking noise from the front of my 1999 c70. ive replaced the drop links,top mounts and both wishbones so now its the anti roll bars turn.
    i was wondering if anyone had changed this and what kind of cost was involved, as when i went to volvo for a price they said it depends on the c70 but could be £100 - £170 for the part alone.i could probably do the work myself although i'm not too keen on droping the sub frame so any advice with be welcome.

has anyone had this replaced by a garage maybe volvomax in glasgow as i would probably put it in there if its to much involved in the d.i.y.
    Fitted IPD to mine (850). Garage said about an hour - less involved than you would think although the rear of subframe is dropped and steering rack released. No great shakes on a four post jack apparently.
    If you are changing them, do the IPD you wont regret it and not vastly more expensive. Go to Kalmar Union (Don Norchi) or PFS.

Knock could be ARB bushes.
    KISS Rs

850R manual, Rica 310, IKEA fitted bathroom, H&C running water, Jetex 2.5", pipe rack, cap stand, Forge BOV, circular wheels with full 360 degree rotation, 302mm discs, IPD front and rear anti-roll bars, numerous shiny features, sub-atomic particle accelerator, VTOL capability ...Volvo With Attitude!!!
    Also to be seen in a gold Honda CR-V these days...

"It's really fast, and growls like a tiger!"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Flatout Phil For This Useful Post:

ged (Monday 21st June 2010)

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    I have IPD on my C70 and I don't regret it. If you have a knocking noise - could be that the ARB drop links have come loose. It happened on mine.

But if you are replacing the ARBs - IPD is the route I'd recommend.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wobbly Dave For This Useful Post:

ged (Monday 21st June 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbly Dave View Post
    I have IPD on my C70 and I don't regret it. If you have a knocking noise - could be that the ARB drop links have come loose. It happened on mine.

But if you are replacing the ARBs - IPD is the route I'd recommend.
    i'll double check the drop links but i can feel some movement in the arbs so i will have to change them.

Thread Information