Hi folks,

I've been running aftermarket xenon HID ballasts and H7 bulbs in my 2002MY S60 but decided to retrofit the clear lens 2005-2009MY xenon D2R headlights.

Have identified all of the wires bar one (pin 5 on the rectangular connector) but am still having some problems that I hope someone can help with...

Have connected a new headlight to one side to check wiring before installing. Taking feeds from the four wires on the car loom connector I can get the parking/city light and high beam to work but I have the following issues.

1) The dipped beam xenon bulb repeatedly flickers as though trying to start but does not ignite and come on. As it does so the city light and side marker light (and high beam if on) all dim.

Is this an issue with the headlight not getting enough current even though it worked fine with the aftermarket ballasts? Do I need to get a software update to allow the Xenons to work even though previously I had drilled the shunt to fool the bulb warning system (with this issue it now shows a dipped bulb failure) or is there something else I can do?

2) When switching on High Beam, the Xenon reflector does not rotate upwards - how do I get that to work? (For info I connected the car loom headlight adjust motor connector to the new lamp directly, not via the connector on the headlamp loom).

I really really hope someone can assist and point me in the right direction.
Thanks,

Lee