Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MBC poll

the-man-that-can
    This user has no status
    cheers for that p fandango but sadly dont look like im gona be fitting a MBC now as the one i bought and recieved was complete junk so went in the bin. apreciate the above post of urs tho so again cheers (andi)

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the-man-that-can View Post
    cheers for that p fandango but sadly dont look like im gona be fitting a MBC now as the one i bought and recieved was complete junk so went in the bin. apreciate the above post of urs tho so again cheers (andi)
    no problem mate. Shame about the MBC you bought, have you thought about getting an electric boost ocntroller

the-man-that-can
    This user has no status
    yes well bad luck i had there and i think by looking at things the HLM or RICA ecu upgrade will make me car fly as apparantly will boost off the end of the standard turbo/boost gauge with one of the mentioned ecu's am i right

This user has no status

Thanks
    put some wings on it and it will really fly. lol

Thanks
    yes well bad luck i had there and i think by looking at things the HLM or RICA ecu upgrade will make me car fly as apparantly will boost off the end of the standard turbo/boost gauge with one of the mentioned ecu's am i right
    yeh you'll certainly notice a difference with a remap, personally i prefer the aggression you get from a MBC

the-man-that-can
    This user has no status
    hahaha love the pic p fandango shame mine aint boosting like that does me head in when simple things turn into a complete nightmare does ur car not fuel cut boosting like that? my previous car before the t5R was a subaru impreza wrx which i killed through driving like a loon (blew bottom end out) and so broke a few bits on the scoobynet forum and scraped the shell. i recall i use to get boost cut after having a dawes device fitted so i had to get a fuel cut defencer fitted which i chose hks as i had other hks goodies on the car like boost gauge, turbo timer, mushroom filter, downpie, plugs

http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/a...imprezawrx.jpg
    Last edited by the-man-that-can; Wednesday 16th June 2010 at 21:04.

Thanks
    hahaha love the pic p fandango shame mine aint boosting like that does me head in when simple things turn into a complete nightmare does ur car not fuel cut boosting like that? my previous car before the t5R was a subaru impreza wrx which i killed through driving like a loon (blew bottom end out) and so broke a few bits on the scoobynet forum and scraped the shell. i recall i use to get boost cut after having a dawes device fitted so i had to get a fuel cut defencer fitted which i chose hks as i had other hks goodies on the car like boost gauge, turbo timer, mushroom filter, downpie, plugs

http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/a...imprezawrx.jpg
    nothing is ever easy mate, especially when you think we're messing with 16year old cars now. BT is a bit of a freak of nature & even with the stock ECU she boosts to 20.8psi with no problems

i'm an Apexi man myself, got an Apexi AVC-R to control the boost now & keep threatening to get a Apexi filter (altho i can see the filter being ditched altogether)

the-man-that-can
    This user has no status
    APEXI is great stuff i do agree there the avc-r's are great bits of kit i think too and wow 20.8psi im sure that wouldnt do the engine much good tho or the turbo would it? whats the maxium boost the stock t5r turbos can run then before risking internal damage? and also what sort of boost psi can a stock healthy t5r engine run before things start to let go? i dont really know whats best to do on my volvo t5r to make it go like a rocket tho still have sum reliablity ECU or MBC? which one is best i mean of course the MBC is alot cheaper than an ecu upgrade but i thought its not too wise just to crank the boost up on any turbo vehicle without other mods like the ecu as 1 may risk damage to the engine. al i want is to make me car fly hahahahaha as at the moment i feel its like a snail compared to other cars ive owned in the past.

Thanks
    APEXI is great stuff i do agree there the avc-r's are great bits of kit i think too and wow 20.8psi im sure that wouldnt do the engine much good tho or the turbo would it? whats the maxium boost the stock t5r turbos can run then before risking internal damage? and also what sort of boost psi can a stock healthy t5r engine run before things start to let go? i dont really know whats best to do on my volvo t5r to make it go like a rocket tho still have sum reliablity ECU or MBC? which one is best i mean of course the MBC is alot cheaper than an ecu upgrade but i thought its not too wise just to crank the boost up on any turbo vehicle without other mods like the ecu as 1 may risk damage to the engine. al i want is to make me car fly hahahahaha as at the moment i feel its like a snail compared to other cars ive owned in the past.
    no 20psi's not good, i was only running the 15g then so it must been working its nuts off lol. Only running 10psi on the 19t (for now) but its just leagues ahead

with just a MBC 13psi is considered safe on the stock ECU, but believe me it really will transform the car. The stock ECU normally kicks in the overboost at about 15psi

i'd suggest going out in other peoples cars which have already had the mods your thinking of been, altho for £150 you can't go wrong with a HLM

the-man-that-can
    This user has no status
    once again cheers for that p fandango. well if nothing dont crop up here then HLM or rica are without doubt my next step

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    i would get the hlm 304 map for 150 pounds you cannot go wrong and it will be the right 1 for your car and i think he can send it threw the post .best speak to hamish at hlm.also you could use a mbc with the rica and set it to 1.2 bar and that will make it very aggressive though.

Thanks
    i would be very careful using a MBC along with a remap tho as the stock overboost will be either raised or removed altogether so it could end in tears if you go too mad with the boost

the-man-that-can
    This user has no status
    il bear the above in mind p fandango when i do get a remap thats if i decide to get a mbc too and cheers for that smithy i think il be taking a trip to hlm at sum stage mate as it seems ENGLAND have more chance of winning the world cup then i do trying to get a HLM or RICA 304 ecu second hand hahahaaa

the-man-that-can
    This user has no status
    well p fandango looks like im buying smithness R SPEC boost controller £20 deliverd we agreed just awaiting his paypal details so i can send payment so looks like 2nd time around all is gona turn good for me and a MBC lol. may require sum fitting pictures if thats ok mate

Thanks
    well p fandango looks like im buying smithness R SPEC boost controller £20 deliverd we agreed just awaiting his paypal details so i can send payment so looks like 2nd time around all is gona turn good for me and a MBC lol. may require sum fitting pictures if thats ok mate
    let me know when you've got it & i'll talk you thru it mate, can't moan for £20 (& i can guarantee you won't be disapointed once its fitted)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

the-man-that-can
    This user has no status
    YES will do p fandango thanks ever so much for all ur advice and help really apreciate it. soon as i get it through the post il pm you and await ur instructions

Thanks
    YES will do p fandango thanks ever so much for all ur advice and help really apreciate it. soon as i get it through the post il pm you and await ur instructions
    no worries mate, i do like my MBC/EBC's. I'll have a look at sorting some pics out, i'll have to rob some from other sources for you

the-man-that-can
    This user has no status
    hehehe top man p fandango smithness said posting tomoz so hopefully will be with me 1 day next week

Thread Information