Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Is there anything I can do..............

to get a bit more out of my humble 2.0i 10v V70 auto?

I would love to 'upgrade' to a V70 with a bigger engine but as I haven't been driving for very long the cost of Insurance is a BIG factor in not doing so.

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    Sell it and get a V40 2.0t, the low pressure turbo, think they are about insurance group 13? Sorry but don't think there is much you can do really. If you got a panel filter, exhaust, remap i still don't think you would get much more then 20bhp on a 2L N/A engine. You could try and de-cat it, very cheap way of getting some power, but doubt that would get you any more than 10bhp max.

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Get a decat and straight through exhaust.

It'll still be piss slow.. but it will sound like a Honda Civic Type R

Apparently K&N air intakes (or the equivalent) can be good for N/A cars - but you'll never get that much really without £££ or a turbo.

Personally - be happy with your current car and start planning how to progress your career so you can afford something more fruity! you'll forget your barge after a couple of years when you can slip into a Nice S70R or something like that.

My insurance wasn't too bad and I got this car as my first car.

Was £1000 per year, with no claims and no driving experience - but had held my licence for 4 years (I was 28 at the time) but then it's very dependent on postcodes too I believe.

As already said - Stock old T4 or 2L Turbo S40 is prob the cheapest way into some decent performance.
    Last edited by t5_monkey; Tuesday 15th June 2010 at 23:14.

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

Thread Information