Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    the-man-that-can
    This user has no status

Arrow Mbc has arrived :d

as per title MBC arrived this morning so HUGE thank you to you smithness just need detailed instructions on how to fit. THANKS (andi)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    have fun mate and dont get to happy with the knob lol, just waiting for my rip kit from smithness. Like a kid a xmas waiting for the postie !

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the-man-that-can View Post
    as per title MBC arrived this morning so HUGE thank you to you smithness just need detailed instructions on how to fit. THANKS (andi)
    right then, on the side of the airbox you'll find a little black box with 3 pipes connected to it & a plug with 2 wires. Out of the 3 pipes follow them back & make note of where they go. The one coming from the pressure side of the turbo (the part you can see clearly, just by the air intake pipe on the turbo) goes to the inlet of the MBC. The pipe going to the actuator (disappears under the turbo heatshield) connects to the outlet of the MBC. The remaining pipe which should be going back to the air intake pipe (just after the MAF sensor) you remove from the BCS & block it up (i put a screw in it). The BCS should now have no pipes connected, you will need to leave it in place with the plug connected to keep the ECU happy

so to summarise
    • Pipe from pressure side of the turbo (by intake pipe) goes to the inlet of the MBC
    • Pipe from the actuator (goes under the heatshield) goes to the outlet of the MBC
    • Pipe from the air intake pipe you block up
    • Leave the MBC wired up but with no pipes connected & doing nothing

once fully connected wind the adjuster fully out to run minimum boost, then after a test run to see what the boost level is slowly wind it in till you get to the level your after. Remembering you will get more boost on cold days (& heavy load), so going too close to the 15psi ECU cut could mean it will cut in if cold or too much load on the engine
    Last edited by p fandango; Tuesday 22nd June 2010 at 15:56.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

the-man-that-can
    This user has no status
    thank you so so much for that mate tho i used common sense an the advice u gave to me before in my prvious MBC thread. needless to say car is flying as just madee a 0 10 plated z4 move over hahahahaha as he couldnt leave me up the dual carriage way by me can maybe up the bosst a tad more tho pointless as at the mo its perfect how i got it set i think AM REALLY PLEASED with the results and my god a once quiet hard to hear HKS SSQV is now so so loud its like un beleavable hehehehehehe thanks to all for ur help and advice (andi)

Thanks
    ha ha i said you wouldn't be disappointed with it. As you say with a bit of common sense & knowledge their quite easy to plumb in, just please be careful (but enjoy)

Duane

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Good man

MBC's rule

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JelT5 For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Tuesday 22nd June 2010)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JelT5 View Post
    MBC's rule

10. The Following User Says Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

JelT5 (Tuesday 22nd June 2010)

NOS
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,341 Posts

Smile mbc

glad your happy with it thanks a lot happy boosting

"WOODY T5 fastest volvo 850 since 2011/12/13/14 @ avon and york 13.3 112mph
    854 t5 19t gripper mte bc loads more 311.6 whp 373 foot pound 342 @ clucth
    toy cbr954

the-man-that-can
    This user has no status
    yes yes yes THANKS smithness THANKS p fandango AND a BIG thanks to everyone on here who has helped me and advised me on the MBC ok. ummmm i have managed to upset sum wannabe hero mad max biker gang hahahaha they was gettin real close to me bumper and also over took me like really close grrrrrrrrrr so i booted it and raced em back from poole key and was 2 inches of there rear wheels at ummm 50 + 50 + 20 + 20 and they was gettin proper funny and started mouthing me so i was mouthing back and was gona swerve to hit 1 off!!! really we all like a lil fun but why tailgate a car ???? i mean no matter what bike they got no matter how fast it goes what given right have they to hassle car drivers? anyhow i soon made them sick as near where i live theres alota dual carriage way linked to roudabouts so over the roundabouts and holdin speed outa them i was blowin em away hahahahahaha

THE ABOVE IS A LITTLE STORY AND IS NOT REAL

13. The Following User Says Thank You to the-man-that-can For This Useful Post:

WOODY T5 (Tuesday 22nd June 2010)

Thanks
    lol one of industrial estates our warehouses is on has a nice straight about 1/4mile. One morning following a fellow worker on his GSX something or other just as we got onto the straight i saw him turn round to see where i was & floor, got to the other end & he turned round again to see the same distance between us lol, the first thing he said when we got to work was "what the hell's in that?"

the-man-that-can
    This user has no status
    hahahahahaha well the torque on the volvo's is its secret weapon i mean u dont know the difrence between 3rd and 2nd on my R hehehe really running strong now and my hks bov is mega loud its crazy and i have not blanked off the recirc yet. need to upgrade the brakes lol as my drving style aint suited to the old lil 15 year old jobee's hehehe. i think best discs and pads i can get at some point not the AP tho as silly price just for front discs and calippers. umm may see what suspension kits are available as put coilovers on me r5 gt turbo and on me wrx. and gona maybe do other things too tho for sure the brakes are the next thing i need other wise im gona need flowers and a pine box hahahahahahahahahaha

This user has no status
    Thanks
    What pressure did you raise it up to?

Thanks
    need to upgrade the brakes lol as my drving style aint suited to the old lil 15 year old jobee's hehehe. i think best discs and pads i can get at some point not the AP tho as silly price just for front discs and calippers. umm may see what suspension kits are available as put coilovers on me r5 gt turbo and on me wrx. and gona maybe do other things too tho for sure the brakes are the next thing i need other wise im gona need flowers and a pine box hahahahahahahahahaha
    upgrading the brake to 302mm discs (instead of 280mm you've currently got) is an easy conversion, all you need is new caliper carriers, the larger discs & longer flexi brake lines. They use the same calipers so doesn't cost much to do at all. Fitting a front strut brace makes a world of difference to the handling as well, think there about £75 from the Volvo dealer

the-man-that-can
    This user has no status
    hehehehe yep thanks alot u guys are my FREE volvo tech's hehehe really feel at home on this forum and so so glad to be a part of it too. i really cant see the point of being nasty or to rip no1 off or what have ya. lifes to short really and its a great great thing to have freinds with volvo's like you guys. sadly theres never alot of time to do all the things 1 wants to do but sumday we will meet up and all have a great time i think track days will be nice and also maybe sum go karting days with felow members of here give our old chariots a little rest me thinks!!! hehehehehe

19. The Following User Says Thank You to the-man-that-can For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Tuesday 22nd June 2010)

Thanks
    a meet go-karting sounds good, found a brilliant track in Stourbridge LINK which is definately the best set-up i've been to, in the drivers briefing they even said they don't mind a bit of nudging just nothing silly that will injure anyone or damage the karts

the-man-that-can
    This user has no status
    heheh sounds good oh and as Robert Duvall ... Harry Hogge in days of thunder said to tom cruise ... carl trickle RUBBIN IS RACING hehehehe

and MC_Bob i dont know what pressure in psi im running as i only have the standard/factory boost gauge at pressent but its boosting to the end of the white on the standard/factory gauge and i feel i can go a little more if i wanted but really no need as the car is really flying now as it is

Thanks
    and MC_Bob i dont know what pressure in psi im running as i only have the standard/factory boost gauge at pressent but its boosting to the end of the white on the standard/factory gauge and i feel i can go a little more if i wanted but really no need as the car is really flying now as it is
    altho there not calibrated so do vary from car to car, the end of the white is normally about 1bar (14.7psi). If your close to the end of that your not far off hitting the ECU's boost limit

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I was always told that high itll bend rods etc?

the-man-that-can
    This user has no status
    well no fuel cut no warning lights car runs like a roller and is so so smooth so i think il just leave it at that for now

the-man-that-can
    This user has no status
    what kinda pressures in PSI are all u guys running with ur MBC's then? also how long has the MBC been fitted to the car? interested to see as i see alot mention about bending rods on here and other forums when MBC's are involved.

Thread Information