Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MBC poll

the-man-that-can
    This user has no status

Question MBC poll

hiya fellow volvo nuts was just wondering how many members on here have fitted a mbc to there car? was thinking of maybe buying one of these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TURBO-MANUAL-B...item33590834bd

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Really bloody good is a MBC mate- I love mine! Total aggression

You can get a whole kit from Rspec (hoses etc) for not much more than the MBC you're looking at.

HTH

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JelT5 For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Monday 7th June 2010)

the-man-that-can
    This user has no status
    ok jel thanks for that il be sure to look

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I fitted one to my Heico S70, it was ace.

Tips:

Check the hoses.
    Leave the BCS connected to the ECU.
    Plug the air intake BCS feed pipe nipple.
    Get a quality boost gauge.
    Start gently and don't be too eager to wind it in - a little adjustment can equal a big rise in pressure.
    Make sure your wastegate isn't knackered or loose.
    Don't go over about 12-13psi on the stock ECU.

Get in touch with The Mac Doctor now.
    (Covering Norwich and Norfolk)

NOS
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,341 Posts
    yeah ad one on my t5 was ok but upgrade to a blitlz boost controller work a lot better now holds boost a lot better ?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Never bothered

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    you won't be disappointed with it

This user has no status

Thanks
    Worth it! Get some impressive gains for little money. It won't really increase your horsepower much, but your torque will shoot right up. I had mine dyno'd (on crap plugs n terrible leads) and got 221hp and 284ft.lb torque (the T5 is only like 221ft.lb torque stock!!)
    matt black turbo brick rat - you know it makes sense

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    ive had r spec ones and they where good and now i have a forge unos 1 and that is really good

the-man-that-can
    This user has no status
    been sortin through sum bits off of previous cars and came by this. will this be ok to use as my boost controller? was previously used on my renault 5 gt turbo

Thanks
    thats a bleed valve, no where near as good as a MBC but can be used inline with your BCS to raise the boost a bit

the-man-that-can
    This user has no status
    ok cheers for that p fandango i decided to get something a little difrent aposed to the r spec mbc and also prefer the look to this one as gona not stand out so much what with styling and the colour (black) BOUGHT TODAY so im awaiting delivery hehehe

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Manual-Turbo-B...item1c12fda035
    Last edited by the-man-that-can; Friday 11th June 2010 at 22:34.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    dont forget turbo pipe to mbc and then pipe to actuator nothing else

the-man-that-can
    This user has no status
    cheers smithy hopefully comes with destructions lol however if anybody has pictures of there mbc to post up that would be great. also do i need to blank anything off or is it just a case of connecting in-line between Actuator and turbo housing? and another thing at pressent i have no after market boost gauge fitted so do i just adjust slowly till its boosting to the end of the white on the factory boost gauge?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by the-man-that-can View Post
    cheers smithy hopefully comes with destructions lol however if anybody has pictures of there mbc to post up that would be great. also do i need to blank anything off or is it just a case of connecting in-line between Actuator and turbo housing? and another thing at pressent i have no after market boost gauge fitted so do i just adjust slowly till its boosting to the end of the white on the factory boost gauge?
    no you dont need to blank anything off mate just fit the 2 pipes but i would advise you to get a psi boost gauge before you start turning things up dont wont to go 2 far and bend rods.

the-man-that-can
    This user has no status
    wouldnt it fuel cut to save me damaging my engine tho? i thought long as i set the boost just before the fuel cut everything would be ok? and well looks like il have to buy a boost gauge now too umm whats the max safe boost pressure i can run then without breaking anything

the-man-that-can
    This user has no status
    well boost controller came today. what a pile of ebay crapp hahahaha looks the biz tho is all plastic internals and the adjustment knob was busted so wouldnt even adjust but aposed to sending it back for a refund i have thrown it in the bin as im so anoyd!!! oh well seems im gona be stuck with the stock praticly 0 boost a little longer

This user has no status
    Thanks
    well boost controller came today. what a pile of ebay crapp hahahaha looks the biz tho is all plastic internals and the adjustment knob was busted so wouldnt even adjust but aposed to sending it back for a refund i have thrown it in the bin as im so anoyd!!! oh well seems im gona be stuck with the stock praticly 0 boost a little longer
    sorry to here your problem i fitted an r spec mbc never had any probs at all and a good service off them too.then i managed to get a forge unos mbc and that is the dogs dangles but more expensive.i would get a r pec mbc for around 30 pounds and fit that .should have no more probs then

the-man-that-can
    This user has no status
    cheers for that smithy. i wont bother with another MBC now il just wait and do things properly and get a HLM OR RICA 304 remap/ecu just have to bide my time till someone has one second hand for sale on here i guess and untill then il put up with stock boost.

Thanks
    if you use the pipes off the BCS you will need to block the one returning back to the air intake pipe, but as said simply put the MBC inlet to the pressure side of the turbo & the outlet to the actuator. You'll need to keep the electrical connector plugged in to the BCS to keep the ECU happy

Thread Information