Just replaced the dead front driver's side speaker on my T5 with one kindly supplied by Dominic (thanks again!) Had too much fun drilling those rivets out. However the new one is not working either and this makes me suspicious...

All I get from the main speaker on that side is some very tinny treble - no bass. The same speaker on the other side, at the same time, has loads.

Now I am wondering if the previous speaker was not in fact dead, but just exhibiting the same treble-only symptom (I definitely didn't check that, just ripped it out once I could tell that it wasn't working properly). I can go back and check tonight to rule out the speaker as an issue.

Question: how could this happen? There are only two wires running to the speaker, so it's not as if I can have disconnected something by mistake somewhere... 'cos then I'd get NO signal at all. And with the previous speaker, if you thumped it, or poked it around, sometimes you'd get the bass back... which really did feel like a speaker problem.

Surely I can't have two faulty ones!??!

Stock headunit, testing with CD. Any advice for troubleshooting appreciated!