Join Today
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Can we have some pics please?

wanting to get busy with my
    twins, twin zx9r's that is
    Thanks
    racing went well to a point on bank hol monday. around a 20 car field, started at back in heat 1 to get used to track again. was up to 6th place when a five car pile up brought the race to an early end. suffered some slight damage to front of car bending front protector bar into intercooler and putting very small hole in it. otherwise all seemed fine upon checking it in the pits.

race two started on front row, clutch start saw me pull away into the lead. with no traffic and a clear track could use the car to its full potential, managing to hit limiter in 3rd gear down back straight before heavy breaking. won race after lapping over half the field in a 10 lap race and 2nd place being half a lap behind. on the last lap a pop from under the bonnet and steam pouring out. upon inspection back in the pits the radiator had snapped where the top hose outlet is so the car was loaded for the rest of the day.

gutted as travelled 250 miles for the meeting, did however manage a good day in my contact car a E30 bmw 318. with a locked diff had some serious sideways action and got some air time of the side of a honda.

so all in all had a good day and now have to check if head gasket is okay on car when get another radiator as next outing is in cumbria in oct all being well.

is some pics of car on here somewhere but will add a couple found on a website earlier as i don't take a camera half the time.
    because it just had to be done

wanting to get busy with my
    twins, twin zx9r's that is
    Thanks
    due to new baby arriving shortly, next race outing has been re planned to the 23rd october. this will be at night at scun-thorpe raceway. (sorry for gap in word it thinks its a swear word otherwise) also be interesting to see if feels more responsive due to the cold air at night.

should be fun to see how the car goes on a shale track compared to mud and tarmac.

few repairs done to front end after carsh in sussex.

front valance porta powered back out.

oil cooler from orginal radiator cut from end of damaged radiator and now fitted in front of pulleys and secured there.

new radiator fitted from an auto t5 (only one could source at decent price round here £15) but oil cooler on this rad is on opposite side of radiator hence why had to cut orginal oil cooler off as pipes where also of different fixing from one rad to the other. oil cooler pipes from auto rad are blanked off as water comes out of them them otherwise. (poor chap i got it from scrapped his t5 thinking head gasket had gone when it appears his oil cooler had split in rad)

small hole in intercooler around three veins filled with good old body filler for now to help keep costs down (keep wife happy)

will be trying road tyres and knobbly's on shale depending on conditions on the day

anyone who wants to pop along say hello is more than welcome
    because it just had to be done

This user has no status
    Thanks
    How did you get on? It always was a little quicker when really cold

Thread Information