Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

1998 s40 t4 lower engine mount

Hi I'm really struggling to find a replacement front lower engine mount, the one that is on my car is part number 30611143, and it confuses the hell outta me as the metal insert hole is like twice size of the bolt, if there is any advice you could give I'd be very grateful,

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hi Ross just replaced both lower engine mounts, rear was compleatly gone, front was starting to go. i noticed the front has a much larger hole than the bolt or side plates it clamps up too. rear mounting hole matches the bolt. much quieter inside car now, with no rocking of the engine and better gear changes.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Suggestion for the part, http://nordicpartsdirect.co.uk/volvo...s.asp?id=10501 -- of course Rufe will be able to supply genuine for a reduced price.

Regarding replacement, the instructions from Volvo (if I've got the right bit) are:

Remove the splash guard from underneath.
    Remove the heat shield from the drive shaft.
    Remove the two screws from the mounting on the body side.
    Remove the screw from the mounting. Pull the engine mounting downwards slightly.
    Remove the two screws. Remove the mounting.
    Install the mounting with the two screws.
    Position the hole so that it is pointing towards the rear of the car. Tighten to 35 Nm.
    Replace the screw. Finger tighten.
    Install the two screws. Tighten to 69 Nm.
    Note! Position the rubbers correctly. See the illustration. (At the same position at the front and rear of the centre member)
    Slacken off the front screw in the engine pad. First tighten the rear screw for the engine pad. Tighten to 55 Nm. Then tighten the front screw for the engine pad again. Tighten to 55 Nm.
    Install the heat shield and the splash guard
    --------------------------------
    1995 Volvo 480 Turbo: white, open filter, tweaked wastegate. Brilliant little car.
    1996 Triumph Daytona 900, black, loud pipes. Brilliant big old bike.
    1998 BMW 540i: Big fat fast and thirsty. Lovely V8 burble.

Thread Information