Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Front bumper removal

Hi guys,need to remove my R front bumper to respray it as its covered in chips and scratches,does the colour coded part come off without having to remove the grey top half?
    Cheers in advance.

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mhill53 View Post
    Hi guys,need to remove my R front bumper to respray it as its covered in chips and scratches,does the colour coded part come off without having to remove the grey top half?
    Cheers in advance.
    yes the colour coded part does come off seperatly. You have to drill out the rivets holding along the edge of the front wheel arch holding the arch lining onto the bumper. Their are 7 torx screws on the upper edge of the vents on the bumper, to get to the ones in the smaller vents (2 in each) you need to pull the plastic blanking covers out, their only on tabs so get a screwdriver down the edge & pry them out. Then its just the engine undertray, i'm not sure how screws are on that but think there quite visible. The colour coded peice is then clipped into the upper grey using the same try of push tabs as the grill blanks, so just a case of prying it away, its best to work from the wheel arch edges & work around pulling it away from the rubbing strip, for some of them you can get behind the bumper & release the tabs from there

if you do want to remove the upper grey rubbing strip then all there is are 1 bolt each side by the wheel (not sure if its a 10 or 12mm) & 4 x 14mm bolts along the front edge recessed into drilled holes in the grey trim

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    thinking about it, i think the undertray clips to the bumper (or not even connected at all). Mine got binned years ago so not quite sure lol

Thread Information