Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 711 Posts

Question

Quote Originally Posted by iron_mighty07 View Post
    Can recommend speaking to these guys to see if they have anyone in your area who is running their system - it works, is non destructive/damaging as well
    http://www.dynomec.co.uk/indexEnglish.html

Had an issue earlier this year when both my front locking bolts had seized, the locking key sheared and whilst I could get a replacement I couldn't get them to shift. Took it direct to these guys, 10-15 minutes both were off - and I was able to re-use the bolts as they we'rent butchered so the £10 a nut felt like money well spent!
    I can't find out what these kits cost.
    KISS Rs

850R manual, Rica 310, IKEA fitted bathroom, H&C running water, Jetex 2.5", pipe rack, cap stand, Forge BOV, circular wheels with full 360 degree rotation, 302mm discs, IPD front and rear anti-roll bars, numerous shiny features, sub-atomic particle accelerator, VTOL capability ...Volvo With Attitude!!!
    Also to be seen in a gold Honda CR-V these days...

"It's really fast, and growls like a tiger!"

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Same problem with a v70. THree little angels/demons the oldest of whom is seven denied playing in Daddys car and swiping the shiny thing in the glovebox. Water boarding is only illegal if you get caught! Anyhow the main dealer in Bogland West has ordered the key (I still had the guarantee card now thats anal) but apparently there is a hold up with delivery from our continental friends who manufacture the damn things. Unfortunate as I'm nearing the end of the tthree weeks for a reduced fee MoT test. Local tyre companies warned against trying a bodge/drill out solution as heads appear to be armoured. If you do get them out I'd replace with standard bolts/nuts as the standard alloys dont seem to feature highly on the numpty car thief shopping list.
    Good luck!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I had a problem with a lost key for my 2005. I assume they must be easier to get off as my local Volvo garage discovered that I had lost it. I paid about £60 for a new set. I had new mud flaps fitted so the wheels had to come off. Must admit you don't hear of many Volvo wheels getting nicked. Is it worth it. Trust luck probable wake up in the morning and find it up on bricks for saying that.
    Current - 2018 XC60 R Design T5 (petrol) Polestar
    Previous :2016 XC60 D5 R Design (diesel) 2011 Volvo XC60 T5 (petrol)
    S60 T6. 70 T5 SE Jaguar S Type R 2004. 2 No Volvo S 80 T6's

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 727 Posts
    Mcguard lock nuts are £35 a set as i sell them so not sure why Volvo would charge you £60.Most manufacturers use them i think as my old Honda had them on even though the packet they came in said Honda they were Mcguard. To be honest though they arn't worth it imo. Once my local garage went to change one of my tyres and i forgot the key, they produced one from there tool chest and it fitted straight on. Another car some years ago i lost the key and i managed to undo the key with a socket banged onto it.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks for all your posts guys, they are now off and replaced with McGuard set from Halfors, 4 new tyres fitted, 4 wheel alignment reset and she is handling well again.
    The solution I used was crude, but very effective. The dealer had said they had a few keys and would try and I would have had to buy a set of genuine replacement bolts, the tyre shop tried there Dynomec kit and that wouldn't move them. So I very carefully built the bolt heads out with weld to form a shape on top that I could force an old socket on to, as the weld is softer metal than the locking bolts (I did try getting a socket over the bolts) banged a socket on and un did them, didnt mark the wheels as I put lots of protection on.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakes C70 T5 View Post
    Thanks for all your posts guys, they are now off and replaced with McGuard set from Halfors, 4 new tyres fitted, 4 wheel alignment reset and she is handling well again.
    The solution I used was crude, but very effective. The dealer had said they had a few keys and would try and I would have had to buy a set of genuine replacement bolts, the tyre shop tried there Dynomec kit and that wouldn't move them. So I very carefully built the bolt heads out with weld to form a shape on top that I could force an old socket on to, as the weld is softer metal than the locking bolts (I did try getting a socket over the bolts) banged a socket on and un did them, didnt mark the wheels as I put lots of protection on.
    Pictures?

Thread Information