Join Today

Thread: mods

This user has no status

Thanks

Thumbs up mods

hi all looking at what mods i can put under the bonnet of my 2.0t s60 2001 reg e.g dump or recirc valves updated air filters etc any help please all welcome
    thanks
    mark

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Ok, first off, get the plugs, fuel filter, oil filter, oil, gear box oil, brake & coolant fluids changed first.

Next....

Cone or top panel filter (K&N or pipercross get good press on here, cone look at BSR) on the car.

Then consider a replacement recirc. Not an external BOV. I hear your sigh of annoyance at the suggestion, but it will save you about £20-30 a month on petrol. (Forge make a lovely recirc for aproxx £130 which you can tune with springs & plates they supply)

Finally once everything is 100%, get a good map. That will finish it off nicely.

The map is a personal choice, so look about to see peoples opinion of the available maps on this site. I will say that there is a chance you'd have difficulty finding many on here with a modded 2.0lpt version. My good friend cegC70t has a lpt version C70. But he has not had his mapped. Ask about!

You think I know **** nothing! But let me tell you I know **** all!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to thebadger For This Useful Post:

t5_monkey (Tuesday 11th May 2010)

This user has no status

Thanks

Thanks

Badger thanks for the info more detail would be great help first Volvo and all that info like where get stuff from how to mod new recirc etc just general guidence please
    thanks

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I'll not lie, re-fitting the new recirc is a bit of a fiddly job, and you'll need 3 hands.

The recirc replacement is available direct from forge, here is my post on the subject of dead dump valves & what the options are... http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthre...ead+dump+valve

To fit the new one you'll need to remove the charge pipe, the air intake & then use a 10mm ratchet spanner to get the old one off. Forge then supply allen bolts to replace the 10mm bolts. Use them as the 10mm bolts are too short.

It is also highly reccomended that you replace the silicone hoses that supply the TCV system. (this is a tiny little plastic block that you will find attached to the air box. The hoses on it now will be rubber & probably duff. One of these attaches directly to the turbo & therefore is usually brittle. Re-fitting with silicone hose while you fit a new recirc is much easier to do! Hose to do the lot is less than £10 & it can improve performance!)

You think I know **** nothing! But let me tell you I know **** all!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thebadger For This Useful Post:

t5_monkey (Tuesday 11th May 2010)

Thread Information