Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Talking Having Stainless Custom Exhaust Made This Weekend.

Finally got round to getting an Exhaust sorted for my T5... having it custom made by my best mate who Runs a Performance company. they design and make Among other things Exhausts. so im getting a custom made Race Cat made. 2 boxs and stainless tail pipe and all bits inbetween all made for me. with a life time warranty of free repair if it ever goes wrong... ... will try get piccys as they fit it up so can see what the T5 is getting.....
    Last edited by Storm-Troll; Wednesday 12th May 2010 at 01:13.

Needs more boost
    Thanks
    The exhaust is the best mod i have done to mine.

i want to hear it on full chat lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    lol i had a really loud one on my S70R so this time Im having a more quiet one thatwont give me a headache on long trips but has a nice growl under power....

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    I'm gonna end up making my own, I got a price from a guy near me and he wanted £350 for a full system, less the cat, then he said he'd do cat back for £250. I priced up all the bits and I can make my own system for around £150, once I have enough money I'll get one made. An exhaust is always a must have mod.
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/Gal72..._s_Gallery.asp

Currently rocking Volvo's finest V70R 2WD Manual

Previous cars:
    1996 855 T5 (Ex Police),1996 854 T5,1996 855 T5,1995 855 Black T-5R,1996 960,1997 855 R

Needs more boost
    Thanks
    you can still have it quiet, mine is now (2 silencers) untill you plant the loud pedal.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to danny-R For This Useful Post:

Storm-Troll (Friday 7th May 2010)

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Mines only having one.....I think,lol.

Previous cars:
    1996 855 T5 (Ex Police),1996 854 T5,1996 855 T5,1995 855 Black T-5R,1996 960,1997 855 R

Needs more boost
    Thanks
    I used to have only one, it sounded like a tank on tickover, droned like a mofo though the mid range and absolutley mental on full boost. Not very discreet lol

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    I got the middlebox taken out of mine... it's still fairly quiet normally and well loud on full chat (girlfriend says she can hear me coming when i pull into her village )

It also makes cyclists nearly fall off their bikes when you give it full blast in 1st in-between traffic calming speed bumps.

As for the drone, it's worth the pain for those window down summer drives - just put the hifi on the rest of the time!

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    I'm gonna end up making my own, I got a price from a guy near me and he wanted £350 for a full system, less the cat, then he said he'd do cat back for £250. I priced up all the bits and I can make my own system for around £150, once I have enough money I'll get one made. An exhaust is always a must have mod.
    wish i had had the exhaust on before I got it remaped last month as i guess the new exhaust will throw the map out now.. and I doubt ill have the money to get it retuned to the exhaust once its on so ill just have to live with whatever performance i get from it....

Needs more boost
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
    I got the middlebox taken out of mine... it's still fairly quiet normally and well loud on full chat (girlfriend says she can hear me coming when i pull into her village )

As for the drone - just put the hifi on!

funny you should say that, my mrs could hear me coming down the road then since i had extra silencer fitted i have the stealth approach down the driveway

I tried that to cover the drone just made the headache even worse and no chance of a conversation on the motorway lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by danny-R View Post
    I tried that to cover the drone just made the headache even worse and no chance of a conversation on the motorway lol
    oh how I dont miss those headaches anymore lol

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    I'm hoping that mine wont be too bad as it's a naturaly aspirated, I had a single box system on one of my other T5's and it sounded great but god it was boomy.

Previous cars:

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tomcat For This Useful Post:

Storm-Troll (Friday 7th May 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    lol when my 7 year old son started complaining in the back of the old car with the single box on i knew it was time for a change.........so this time ill go for 2 boxs.. anyone know if it will effect the performance of the remap after having the custom exhaust put on.. will i really need to get it remapped again to the exhaust or will there not be a noticeable difference?

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    You should get a decent gain from a free flowing exhaust, though to make the most of it the map would have to be altered, this doesn't mean that you can't run it as it is, you'll just not get as much of an improvement.

Previous cars:

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Tomcat For This Useful Post:

Storm-Troll (Saturday 8th May 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=t5_monkey;307047]I got the middlebox taken out of mine... it's still fairly quiet normally and well loud on full chat (girlfriend says she can hear me coming when i pull into her village )

phnarr!!!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to pigfight For This Useful Post:

t5_monkey (Saturday 8th May 2010)

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    This is my 800th Post...

Don't forget the pops and bangs when you rev it at about 2500-3000 then pump the accelerator on and off quickly.

(great for someone annoying behind you in a traffic queue... just in case they get any ideas about trying to keep up once the road opens up )

Even with the radio off, I don't notice a drone on mine... and having a conversation is perfectly fine at motorway speeds... maybe this model is a bit quieter than some of the 850's.

I'm surprised the exhaust makes much of a difference to the map? I need to get mine onto an MTE custom map... damn BSR

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

This user has no status
    Thanks
    That's strange mine has a small rear box and it isn't obtrusive in the cabin, othertwise the missus kids and dog would've told me by now, it could be the R's soundproofing though,
    The car burbles lovely on idle and on full chat is absolutely amazing when coming off throttle banging and popping...

The missus said she can hear the car a mile off.

Gary
    V40 2.0T Sport Lux Titanium grey,(03) 133k,standard
    Yamaha R1 5VY,(06) 180bhp/165whp,100nm

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    I had a 2 box turbo back system on my 850R and it wasnt loud enough imo, sounded awesome on full chat but normal driving it was to quiet, but it pop flames out for fun

This user has no status

Thanks
    Got to replace the 2 boxes on mine soon as the last one is blowing, would like stainless but don't want it noisy. Standard car ( I think ) except induction but not sure what size pipe to go for.
    Thinking 2 1/2 inch Ferrita maybe ?

Thread Information