Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

is my car remapped?

may seem like an odd question but as on another thread (related to something else) my car hesitates without v power. it boosts at 14psi and heres a clip of the 60-100 (without a run up) it drives so smooth and doesn't feel "fast"

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...=Video0008.flv

i read somewhere it should be about 11 seconds, I also beat a 330 bmw so much he stopped me and asked what size engine do I have

I will at some point get it rolling road'd and I did want to get it mapped but if its already done then it saves me a bit of cash. just want people who might know what a standard or chipped one goes like to compare

thanks

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Looks like it's been mapped to me judging from the video- pretty quick from 60-100mph.

Have a look at the ECU there may be a sticker on the side of it, there will be if it's been RICA'd! Don't know if any of the others like BSR or MTE do this though.

HTH

VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    Also if there's no sticker look at the little tabs that keep the case together if there are scratch marks they have been flicked off and the only reason to open the ecu is to remap it.

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

This user has no status

Thanks
    The video shows the dashboard on a Phase 2 car, so looking at the ECU isn't likely to tell you anything.

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    60-100 in 6.5 seconds - that's pretty damn quick. Mine pulls 7.6 and I'm running all the mods (albeit on an S40)

I'd be very surprised indeed if your car was bone stock pulling that split.

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    I can't watch the vid as my internet don't like photobucket, but if your car really is doing 60-100mph in 6.5secs then their must be other mods as well, a remap alone (even on a 2.4 t5) won't produce those results.

This user has no status

Thanks
    dunno whats been done, it all looks standard. just goes really well, I counted 7-8 secs but either way seems alot less that 11 odd. would a remap give 14ish psi?

cheers

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamT4 View Post
    I can't watch the vid as my internet don't like photobucket, but if your car really is doing 60-100mph in 6.5secs then their must be other mods as well, a remap alone (even on a 2.4 t5) won't produce those results.
    timed it with a stopwatch - obviously it's a rough guess but it's a very rapid car assuming the time coding etc... on the video is good.

I think 14psi is more than stock on those cars - don't they run 10 standard? I think they can run 20+ psi on a good tune though... so not really sure.

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

This user has no status
    Thanks

Smile

You say it hesitates without v-power,mine was the same for a while until i tried closing the gaps in the plugs.Sorted the need for v-power at the time until i got new plugs,maybe you need to check the gap in yours. Paul.

This user has no status

Thanks
    there new plugs, fuel filter vac hoses, pretty much full stage 0 done, although im sure I feel a bit of hesitation again this morning, I also saw the boost moving around a bit, I wonder if the boost control valve is on the way out.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Boost control issues could well be related to failing TCV, worst case it could be the wastegate actuator adjustment or wastegate itself * - does the boost wander on part throttle or is it just at full chat?

* I'm planning to check my wastegate operation soon as I'm getting spikes at full throttle.
    Last edited by princepugh; Thursday 6th May 2010 at 10:15.
    Princepugh

V70 T5 P2

This user has no status
    Thanks
    christ! that is quick, my ex plodder wouldn't do that even when it was running correctly, i'd be well chuffed if mine took off like that!!!!

i know ex police arn't modified( usually!) but who knows for sure, i hope if get mine running properly might be able to see how fast it really is

Beer Baron
    Thanks
    Where would the ecu be on my 98 s70r?

This user has no status

Thanks
    In the black plastic box behind the drivers side headlight.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Wombatbomb For This Useful Post:

LiamT4 (Thursday 6th May 2010)

Beer Baron
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombatbomb View Post
    In the black plastic box behind the drivers side headlight.
    Cheers. Will have a look tomorrow. As i'v said before, although the car is supposed to be remapped (and there is a receipt for this, £695!!!), i do wonder sometimes (but have never been in a normal t5/R, to compare with). I'll see if its got any stickers on or stuff.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    what gear were you in-in the vid?

This user has no status

Thanks
    3rd gear, I am looking at getting a ipd control valve. is there anyone over here that supplies them or is it a usa only jobbie?

Thread Information