Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Sunroof wind noise

Lately I have been getting loud wind, not from my bottom for a change, but from the sunroof. I have tried lifting the front and dropping it but not sure where it should best sit. Have any of you guys had the same problem and managed to come up with a solution?
    I'm hoping it's not a new seal jobby coz I'm guessing that will be a tad expensive (Rufe??)

Please help, coz it's driving me MAAAAAAD!!!!

Meet Abby, an elegant lady... Still, very willing to go topless in public. All I gotta do is push the right buttons...

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 711 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubes View Post
    Lately I have been getting loud wind, not from my bottom for a change, but from the sunroof. I have tried lifting the front and dropping it but not sure where it should best sit. Have any of you guys had the same problem and managed to come up with a solution?
    I'm hoping it's not a new seal jobby coz I'm guessing that will be a tad expensive (Rufe??)

Please help, coz it's driving me MAAAAAAD!!!!
    Not sure if this is your problem, but it narked the hell out of me until I found out about it.
    On the 850 the auto open will on all but the earliest cars take the roof to a point about 90% open. Reason being was that early customers complained of buffeting when the roof was opened. So the switch was adjusted to open it to an optimal point so it didn't happen so much - and you can push it to open it to the full open position too.

Other than that, not sure what to suggest.
    KISS Rs

850R manual, Rica 310, IKEA fitted bathroom, H&C running water, Jetex 2.5", pipe rack, cap stand, Forge BOV, circular wheels with full 360 degree rotation, 302mm discs, IPD front and rear anti-roll bars, numerous shiny features, sub-atomic particle accelerator, VTOL capability ...Volvo With Attitude!!!
    Also to be seen in a gold Honda CR-V these days...

"It's really fast, and growls like a tiger!"

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Cheers Phil. But my problem is when the roof is fully shut. Although, for some reason, it does seem to seal better after shutting it from the 'slide' position rather than the 'tilt' position.

Meet Abby, an elegant lady... Still, very willing to go topless in public. All I gotta do is push the right buttons...

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    Have you tried lubricating/cleaning the seals? I used some spray silicon lube on mine.
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Haven't given that a thought actually. Shall give it a go. Cheers Bomb

Thread Information