Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

10v volvo v70 noisy start up

hi there can anyone tell me why my car has a noisy start up when cold its ok when the engine has warmed up its just in the morning it sounds like a tinny rattle, the car has had an oil change and new filter fitted not long ago, im just concerned that i might be doing some damage,the engine has a little ticking noise when warm so i tuck the car to volvos in warrington he said not to worry just a little tapped noise so can anyone help me please many thanks ged
    Last edited by gedvan; Tuesday 27th April 2010 at 14:00.

This user has no status

Thanks
    My T5 does this sometimes when starting, once its going its fine. just the odd occasion. I remember reading somewhere that it might be something to do with the oil pick up in the sump which doesn't get the oil up to the tappets quick enough. An oil change and good (correct grade) oil might help.

This user has no status

Thanks

noisy start up

hi there thanks for your reply i think ive solved it, i was telling the bloke in the car ass shop and he said it might be your oil filter some have a none return valve in them and some of the cheap ones don t ,this valve stops oil draining back into the bottom of the engine when he car has stood for a long time. so i purchased a new oil filter and problem solved,so it pays to get a volvo oil filter and steer clear of the cheap ones . justs a thought ged

This user has no status

Thanks
    o yeah, i had forgotten about that! I've got a catridge one in mine so a slightly different set up. My old 850 had one with a valve in it glad its sorted.

Thread Information