Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Vac pipe leak on 850 T5

I have a problem with an air leak on the engine of my T5 and it's causing major power losses. The engine only boosts up to 4psi and I can hear whooshing air loads when I put my foot down

The pipe that I believe is the problem I've highlighted here - I have found it on the side of the engine completely split, but I can't find where it goes to on the other end. A picture of where it goes to would be awesome

Also, are there any other points that are likely to go with the vac lines? Cheers
    Last edited by Crazy_C; Sunday 25th April 2010 at 20:16.
    matt black turbo brick rat - you know it makes sense

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I've got a split in the exact same pipe (actually on the rubber elbow) and on mine it appears to go to a point near the throttle body, two pipes attach to a 'bayonet' connector, one small one which is the 'leaky one in my case, and a larger pipe which goes to the pcv.
    I replaced the pipe but placed it around the 'outside' of the inlet manifold, didn't fancy removing the manifold at this time

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    that pipe runs under the inlet manifold, if you look at the air intake pipe just before the turbo you'll see a black bung in the pipe with 2 pipes going into it, 1 a thick one for the PCV the other thinner one is the pipe you've highlighted. It goes into the foam insulation with the PCV pipe & comes out on the lefthand side (camblet end) & connects to the into the inlet manifold but quite hidden at the end. I believe it has a little rubber elbow to join it to the manifold which does often hole & quite tricky to access & replace

This user has no status

Thanks
    ahh, cheers, I'll be doing some searching around after work today then. and on the elbow at the inlet mani is where it has totally split.

I think I may have a leak on the vac line tree near the throttle cable bit (under the cover thing) so I'm going to replace as many of the little lines as possible.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Goddamn it, I replaced that vac line (was quite easy to find from your description fandango, cheers) but I still have a leak somewhere

So I think I'm just going to replace all the vac lines, that should sort it out. Guess I know what I'm doing on my day off on Tuesday!!

This user has no status
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_C View Post
    Goddamn it, I replaced that vac line (was quite easy to find from your description fandango, cheers) but I still have a leak somewhere

So I think I'm just going to replace all the vac lines, that should sort it out. Guess I know what I'm doing on my day off on Tuesday!!
    Hmm keep us posted please, I'm on a vac leak too. I can hear some whistling when on boost so will be interested to hear your results. That said I have had a nosey around and a few of my pipes have been done already, however I did find the little hose fron the BCS up to the air box was split so changed that, The car seems to feel perkier - but it could just be in my head!

Good luck!

This user has no status

Thanks
    Don't think I've checked the pipe from the BCS to the air box. Will give that one a shot, gonna do all the ones from the BCS first I think, just to see what happens then.

Thread Information