Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Blow out at max chat

After pottering about about all week,I'd thought I'd blow the cobwebs away, only to end in a whoosh bang noise, reminiscent of the old rally car days! After limping into a garage, I was relieved to see the reversed intercooler pipe, from Turbo to Cooler, had parted company and nothing more! Phew. Burnt and oily fingers later, all sorted.

Upon reflection, it was more than likely due to the fact that I've used the original turbo pressure hose which was a little tight anyhow. Oh well lessons learnt and no damage done! hehehehe
    Owned since 2002. '96 Green 855-R, Manual M56H conversion by Russ @ RT Mech, 82mm rebore, THS Rods, Wiseco Piston kit, Decked Block, Machine work was completed by: www.mandjltd.co.uk, Refurbed head inc skim & 8 new valves, ME7 Ex Manifold, RICA304, Forge Blanking plate, 302mm set-up, PowerFlex Top & Bottom, Front Strut Brace, Miltek Cat-Back, R.I.P, IPD Cone Filter.

Latest update: 10000 miles as at 19/05/13.

To do: Lots (but don't tell Mrs Woody!)

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    i've had that done to myself, doesn't have bang well & automatically start thinking of sourcing a new engine lol. Very relieved when its a simple pipe come off. My bro's old VR4 was so bad for doing it he ended up using 2 jubilee clips on each joint in the end lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Yep, it's happened to me too- had the wrong type of clip on a silicon hose...doesn't half give you a fright when it goes off pop!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    yep been there too and now all pipes are double clipped to stop it happening again

Thread Information