Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Folding mirror help

Hi Guys

The other day I used the electric folding mirrors on my 2000 MY T5., they both folded in fine, but when I folded them out the passenger side stayed folded, so I manually pushed it out. I wont now fold in or out and there appears to be 'no resistance i.e as if something inside has become disconnected.

Any ideas are gratefully received

has no status...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andyb1375@btinternet.com View Post
    Hi Guys

The other day I used the electric folding mirrors on my 2000 MY T5., they both folded in fine, but when I folded them out the passenger side stayed folded, so I manually pushed it out. I wont now fold in or out and there appears to be 'no resistance i.e as if something inside has become disconnected.

Any ideas are gratefully received
    I used to pull one of the fuses out but was told by a dealer to just pull them both back the wrong way press the folding button and they reset...I've yet to try this so let us know if it works!

2001 V70 T5 - Auto, Dark Anthracite Comets, Volvo Window blinds, ITG Panel filter, Strut bar solid bushes with powerflex top mount

Must update my sigpic ...the S60 lemon went a while ago.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to richiemat For This Useful Post:

andyb1375 (Thursday 15th April 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by richiemat View Post
    I used to pull one of the fuses out but was told by a dealer to just pull them both back the wrong way press the folding button and they reset...I've yet to try this so let us know if it works!
    Yeah..that did the trick, thanks mate

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andyb1375 View Post
    Yeah..that did the trick, thanks mate
    My mirrors do this on a regular basis and that particular method doesn't work. However, the fuse pulling method always works. I.E. Pull one fuse out and operate the mirrors, turn engine off. Pull the other fuse out, turn engine on then off (this resets everything). Put both fuses back in and everything should be fine.

V70 T5 2000 P2
    IMIV Ipod Interface
    Standard Enginewise (at present!)

Thread Information