Join Today
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatout Phil View Post
    I say Martyn! Bucket of crap??? That's a bit harsh...
    Well it is really there's nothing nice about it lol he wants it to be a rat after all I'm not going to say wow thats an amazing T5, if it was clean I would say it was if he's taking a grinder to the paint its hardly going to be a nice car is it? I'm sure he would agree with me. I think its a funny idea what he's doing, total waste of a good car mind you but he's having fun with it.
    Thanks
    Martyn

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volvokid For This Useful Post:

Crazy_C (Wednesday 31st March 2010),Flatout Phil (Wednesday 31st March 2010)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    Well it is really there's nothing nice about it lol he wants it to be a rat after all I'm not going to say wow thats an amazing T5, if it was clean I would say it was if he's taking a grinder to the paint its hardly going to be a nice car is it? I'm sure he would agree with me. I think its a funny idea what he's doing, total waste of a good car mind you but he's having fun with it.
    I actually take that as a compliment because you're exactly right, I'm taking the grinder to it and it's not meant to be a nice looking car. Will turn out looking a funky looking ride, and different, but that's what I want

Not that great a car to start with though mind you. It was a quick buy at £500 with no history at all. Mechanically sound, just needs some work and jobs a good'un there.

And end of the day, when I come to sell it, IF I sell it, she'll either be sold as a rat, or I'll put a new hood on her and spray the whole thing gloss black.

But chances are she'll be coming to Canada with me next year
    matt black turbo brick rat - you know it makes sense

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Crazy_C For This Useful Post:

volvokid (Wednesday 31st March 2010)

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    She'll blend in fine in Canada lol there windows and bonnets are all stone chipped to hell
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status

Thanks
    Heh, tell me about it!! My truck is beat up to hell n back, the rust from all the salt in the air and from the roads in the winter has made the holes that were in it even worse! LOL

Rat look is just normal there on any car over 7 years old hahaa

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RTS70R View Post
    wow you think your volvo is THEEE BEST dont ya

calm down mate he just wants his car to be personalised
    like you want yours to be special

all i meant was if some 150k super car owner seen your rants
    he would probably say WHY

i love my volvo BUT its not THE GREATEST car in the world

Chill

Er, NO!........... not in any sense!
    My awesome 855 Gone but never forgotton.

currently cruising (Hmmmm) in my S.60 2.0T, with mild mods, and a RICA remap. very niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_C View Post
    Yea, they're young lads into the rat look n like sound system n everything that she has. If I didn't need the car for work I'd have sold it there n then

Nice rant, I'm not doing a traditional rat look (what's commonly referred to as murdered out), I'm doing my own style, as you can see with the bare metal hood. I'm going to sand that back and get it to a nice finish and laquer it like that and not rust it out I've decided. Then with the satin black and grey it'll look nice.

I have had the stripped out track cars and all that, but I have spinal cord damage so I can't race cars anymore or anything like that so I've had to do something different.

I'm not going down the path of a rat car that will blow everything else away (though the T5 with the manual boost controller on is pretty damn fast), I'm going down the path of the rat car that will blow everything else away with the sound system. I'm going to install another amp for the speakers to get them running perfectly, and I'm going to be getting some new, much much more powerful subs in the back too.

Hope that is more to your approval lol

Good luck pal, each to their own!!!

Yea, I knew before I posted on here that 90% of you wouldn't like it but I decided to share the project with y'all anyways. Yes, to some of you this will be dreadful but end of the day it's my car, my choice to do what I want with it, and fair enough, some of you won't like it, but it's still a Volvo and this is a Volvo club

Heh, would love 500hp, but cos of my back I wouldn't cope with anything like that. And I'm not spending buckets on the car at all, but I'm building her for bass, not to race I'm aiming to get about 300hp from her with some work. Was 227.7hp at last dyno, now got performance leads and plugs in her, so should be pushing out some more, and tuned the boost controller to be running on a higher boost now too

That's part the reason why I'm not gonna do any rusting to the body itself or anything. But to be honest, this ISN'T a decent T5! That's why I'm doing it. If it was, believe me, I would be spending my efforts tuning her up instead of ratting out! It's not been that well maintained, no service history, and I'm having to do a fair bit of work on her. The paint is like orange peel and needs a respray.

Please, just remember this when you see how this progresses.

Actually, on the point of the photos, the stand that had the most attention at Fast Show was the Rat Look stand. Most their cars have been featured on the highlights from the show too.

Rat cars are first, and foremost, about having fun!! I am having fun with this, and no matter how many rants you do, I'll keep having fun with this project

Yes, I love sleeper cars as much as the next person, I used to have a Skoda Felicia estate with a Golf GTi engine in it, but I prefer cars that stand out a mile Like I had an old Camaro that was yellow with twin chromed superchargers sticking out the hood!! And I had a Honda Prelude with a mahoooooosive body kit and roof scoops and totally covered in stickers on the back too. That's just my style I mean, I used to have purple and green hair (not at the same time lol)

Thank you

Please remember the following things when commenting about my project.

1 - this car WAS NOT mint condition or anything, it is in need of a respray, is covered in carpark dings and dents, and the paint is like orange skin

2 - the rat look has NOT died out, there is always rat style about, has been for decades

3 - the rat look isn't about sleeper style or anything, it's about having fun and having a laugh and driving a car that draws attention admittedly, half the time, for the wrong reason, but it's still fun

4 - it's still my car and my pride n joy You wouldn't want me insulting or ranting about your car, so please, don't rant and rave about my car, even if no offence is meant, still don't like having to read rants about your opinion on how you think I'm ruining a car that wasn't perfectly good.

Cheers
    Fair enough mate, each to their own

currently cruising (Hmmmm) in my S.60 2.0T, with mild mods, and a RICA remap. very niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    i will admit i've never been into the rat look on cars, but i've never been able to see the fascination with 10bhp Beetles either so guess its just something i'll never get lol

the way i see it their's no value in T-5's anymore so might as well have fun with it & do what you want, atleast its another one still on the road & not traded in under the scrapage scheme

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

Crazy_C (Wednesday 31st March 2010),Flatout Phil (Wednesday 31st March 2010),JelT5 (Friday 9th April 2010),volvoboyt5 (Thursday 1st April 2010)

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 711 Posts
    You could do a grand tour of Europe by doing the Scumrun (have to be next year though): http://www.scumrun.com/index.php?opt...d=10&Itemid=19
    KISS Rs

850R manual, Rica 310, IKEA fitted bathroom, H&C running water, Jetex 2.5", pipe rack, cap stand, Forge BOV, circular wheels with full 360 degree rotation, 302mm discs, IPD front and rear anti-roll bars, numerous shiny features, sub-atomic particle accelerator, VTOL capability ...Volvo With Attitude!!!
    Also to be seen in a gold Honda CR-V these days...

"It's really fast, and growls like a tiger!"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Flatout Phil For This Useful Post:

Crazy_C (Wednesday 31st March 2010)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Ooooh, that looks fun!! Scum run in the Volvrat would be pretty funky! Hadn't heard about this before. Cheers

And Fandango, yea, everyone is into their own things, that's why we're all individuals Makes the world that bit more interesting I think

'Ow do
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 694 Posts
    Why are folk getting annoyed at someone who wants to rat out their car? He paid for it, he can do what the feck he likes to it. Jeez And the username says it all.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Haizum74 For This Useful Post:

Crazy_C (Thursday 1st April 2010),JelT5 (Friday 9th April 2010),p fandango (Wednesday 31st March 2010)

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    Couldn't agree more, it would be a pretty boring place if we all did the same thing wouldn't it?, good luck with it, be interesting to see how it turns out.
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/Gal72..._s_Gallery.asp

Currently rocking Volvo's finest V70R 2WD Manual

Previous cars:
    1996 855 T5 (Ex Police),1996 854 T5,1996 855 T5,1995 855 Black T-5R,1996 960,1997 855 R

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Tomcat For This Useful Post:

Crazy_C (Thursday 1st April 2010)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cragmaz View Post
    And adding to the joy of seeing the angry and pissed off face of the bloke in the 50 grand RS4 that ive just out performed and out driven him in my Volvo Estate, Ha Ha!!!!!!

Craig
    LOL Either you missed your true vocation and should be driving F1 or that RS4 was driven by someones nan

19. The Following User Says Thank You to MrMopp For This Useful Post:

JelT5 (Friday 9th April 2010)

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Haizum74 View Post
    Why are folk getting annoyed at someone who wants to rat out their car? He paid for it, he can do what the feck he likes to it. Jeez And the username says it all.
    lol you should of seen the comments when i fitted my ugly bumper (ex-BTCC bumper)

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    lol you should of seen the comments when i fitted my ugly bumper (ex-BTCC bumper)
    Dont bring that thing up again,lol.
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/Gal72..._s_Gallery.asp

Currently rocking Volvo's finest V70R 2WD Manual

Previous cars:
    1996 855 T5 (Ex Police),1996 854 T5,1996 855 T5,1995 855 Black T-5R,1996 960,1997 855 R

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Tomcat For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Wednesday 31st March 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMopp View Post
    LOL Either you missed your true vocation and should be driving F1 or that RS4 was driven by someones nan
    i CAN drive mate, and some people refer to me as a bit mad like, but i dont mind, plus the RS4 Driver was, as they say on Top Gear, a ££££! with much more money than skill and ability. Ha Ha!!!

Craig

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    Didnt you get done at the time for impersonating a snow plough????

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Vikingxl For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Wednesday 31st March 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Should definately have a matt black paint job just like all the old rat bikes!!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5 pete View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Is it me, but is that 850 extra small or is the man in shorts a giant??

SOLD

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MisterC1501 For This Useful Post:

Al115 (Wednesday 31st March 2010),Vikingxl (Wednesday 31st March 2010),volvokid (Wednesday 31st March 2010)

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterC1501 View Post
    Is it me, but is that 850 extra small or is the man in shorts a giant??
    Haha it does look weired

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thats one freaky picture

Thread Information