Join Today
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrsmopp View Post
    But an 850 isn't going to go like mad - unless your going to spend buckets on tuning and upgrades its just going to be your average T5 which in todays climate of vauxhall turbo's and Ford ST's etc really isn't that quick anymore.

The whole sleeper thing is great but this isn't a sleeper because its drawing attention to itself and has nothing to show for it

Unless of course 'crazy' is going to make a 500bhp monster out of it that it?
    Haha you have got worse since you came back thats the best thing about the rat look you never know what its going to be like.
    Oh nearly forgot are you still wanting my chav lights pmsl

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5 pete View Post
    As you can see above many people have different oppinions but if you like the rat look go for it.
    Ive always liked the cars that look like ****ters and then they go like mad it certainly shocks people.
    I agree pete, but this car is mechanically stock, like i said, its not as if there is a nice tuned engine to help the cause!

I agree aswell that its always a right laugh blitzing people in much more expensive cars!, ive done it many times in my T5, that to the uninformed and untrained eye, is "just a volvo", purley pushing the "street sleeper" style, and adding to the joy of seeing the angry and pissed off face of the bloke in the 50 grand RS4 that ive just out performed and out driven him in my Volvo Estate, Ha Ha!!!!!!

3 lads wi 1.2litre badged corsa "c"`s running turbo`ed C20LET engines putting out between 250/300 bhp, come in our garage, and there right sleepers, but there mint,and a credit to their owners, rats are rubbish, lets face it, its easy to make a car look **** and rust, but its real pride and joy stuff to have an awesome mint condition performance, cult vehicle, and have people comment on it and tell you how much they love it, i have had loads of comments about my car, and at TOTB last year, it drew a substansial crowd in the parking lot with photgraphs an all, it made my feel very proud.
    would that happen wi a rat? i dont think so!!!

Ask russ@ RTMechanics why he dint make the peril a rat?

Craig
    My awesome 855 Gone but never forgotton.

currently cruising (Hmmmm) in my S.60 2.0T, with mild mods, and a RICA remap. very niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cragmaz For This Useful Post:

T4_Al (Sunday 20th June 2010)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Haha you have got worse since you came back thats the best thing about the rat look you never know what its going to be like.
    Oh nearly forgot are you still wanting my chav lights pmsl
    Missed me?!

Noooooo you got it all wrong, the 'rat look' is meant to make people thing its a load of tat then you pull out all the horses and shock them - a standard T5 just aint gonna cut it

Your chav lights wont fit the Bimmer

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Missed me?!

Noooooo you got it all wrong, the 'rat look' is meant to make people thing its a load of tat then you pull out all the horses and shock them - a standard T5 just aint gonna cut it

Your chav lights wont fit the Bimmer
    LOL you never know he might have some engine plans for the future.
    Oh and i can see you spelling is still as good as myne lol.
    Hows baby mopp doing
    And ill keep hold of the lights for when you return to the volvos i know mark like them.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    [quote=Mrsmopp;299233] Missed me?!

Your chav lights wont fit the Bimmer [/quo

could not agree more, my point exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by cragmaz; Tuesday 30th March 2010 at 22:00.

currently cruising (Hmmmm) in my S.60 2.0T, with mild mods, and a RICA remap. very niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

This user has no status
    Thanks
    whats the lights pete???

Craig

How do i change my avatar!
    bummed

Thanks
    sorry, but a decent T5 is hard to find, i do think this is heartbreaking, i had to send my baby to auction,due to circumstances out of my control only to get 135 for it, then had to pay 70 for the pleasure of there services, please stop now before its to late, its only a bonnet and wheels, dont trash such a lovely, in fact, beautiful motor.

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cragmaz View Post
    whats the lights pete???

Craig
    every one likes my chav lights lol
    [IMG][/IMG]

This user has no status
    Thanks
    every one likes my chav lights lol
    [IMG][/IMG]
    HMMMMMMM, dunno about them mate(?!?!?!)

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    you know you want them lol

This user has no status
    Thanks

Cool

RAT LOOK IS COOL

Attachment 8507

but i think sweet rims and a rat body is the way to go

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RTS70R View Post
    RAT LOOK IS COOL

Attachment 8507

C.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I bet there is plenty of people out there who think polishing a 15 year old tank a waste of time aswell

15. The Following User Says Thank You to RTS70R For This Useful Post:

Loadsamiles (Monday 26th April 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I bet there is plenty of people out there who think polishing a 15 year old tank a waste of time aswell
    dont think so mate!, this is enthusiasts forum, so why would people think, and i presume you mean my/ or a 855 T5 is a "waste of time" as you say!

If you/ they, as you say, do think that, then what the F**k are they on here for anyway!!! and if you think that, then what the F**k are you doin on here!!!!!
    Do you know or understand what your on about????

Craig

This user has no status
    Thanks
    wow you think your volvo is THEEE BEST dont ya

calm down mate he just wants his car to be personalised
    like you want yours to be special

all i meant was if some 150k super car owner seen your rants
    he would probably say WHY

i love my volvo BUT its not THE GREATEST car in the world

Chill

This user has no status

Thanks
    Completely agree! What a total piece of crap!
    Mate, no offence an all that, its just MY PERSONAL OPINION, but your making/have made a nice car into a right F****n piece of ****!, whats the point of making a mobile terd, its not a good look is it, its like turning yourself into a Tramp with no money or job, such a waste, i mean, its not like you even have the novelty factor of blowin people away by havin a 400 Brake forged engine under the bonnet have you! so, why would you wanna drive around in such a **** car, its embarrasing and not cool at all, Rat was for dossers who **** afford to do proper mods!

Why dint you try and make your own style/look, Rat was well dead and gone at the end of last year!
    Why didnt you just strip it and do the track thing, or Drag strip or fast road monster, its much more fun, easier to do, rewarding, cheap, and done right............Cool! Less is more dude!

Think your idea/project is S**T!, and it pains me to see such a cult car so F****D up!

(no offence!)

Craig

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 711 Posts
    Well I wouldn't do it myself these days, but what the heck, it would have probably gone to the crusher on a scrappage scheme a few months back. I would call it an experiment.
    Good luck Crazy!
    KISS Rs

850R manual, Rica 310, IKEA fitted bathroom, H&C running water, Jetex 2.5", pipe rack, cap stand, Forge BOV, circular wheels with full 360 degree rotation, 302mm discs, IPD front and rear anti-roll bars, numerous shiny features, sub-atomic particle accelerator, VTOL capability ...Volvo With Attitude!!!
    Also to be seen in a gold Honda CR-V these days...

"It's really fast, and growls like a tiger!"

This user has no status

Thanks
    Um hum of course they did
    Yea, they're young lads into the rat look n like sound system n everything that she has. If I didn't need the car for work I'd have sold it there n then

Mate, no offence an all that, its just MY PERSONAL OPINION, but your making/have made a nice car into a right F****n piece of ****!, whats the point of making a mobile terd, its not a good look is it, its like turning yourself into a Tramp with no money or job, such a waste, i mean, its not like you even have the novelty factor of blowin people away by havin a 400 Brake forged engine under the bonnet have you! so, why would you wanna drive around in such a **** car, its embarrasing and not cool at all, Rat was for dossers who **** afford to do proper mods!

Why dint you try and make your own style/look, Rat was well dead and gone at the end of last year!
    Why didnt you just strip it and do the track thing, or Drag strip or fast road monster, its much more fun, easier to do, rewarding, cheap, and done right............Cool! Less is more dude!

Think your idea/project is S**T!, and it pains me to see such a cult car so F****D up!

(no offence!)

Craig
    Nice rant, I'm not doing a traditional rat look (what's commonly referred to as murdered out), I'm doing my own style, as you can see with the bare metal hood. I'm going to sand that back and get it to a nice finish and laquer it like that and not rust it out I've decided. Then with the satin black and grey it'll look nice.

I have had the stripped out track cars and all that, but I have spinal cord damage so I can't race cars anymore or anything like that so I've had to do something different.

I'm not going down the path of a rat car that will blow everything else away (though the T5 with the manual boost controller on is pretty damn fast), I'm going down the path of the rat car that will blow everything else away with the sound system. I'm going to install another amp for the speakers to get them running perfectly, and I'm going to be getting some new, much much more powerful subs in the back too.

Hope that is more to your approval lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mental Wealth Doctor View Post
    from prestige to rat lol, go for it mate, aint my cuppa t like, but im sure it'll be cool
    As you can see above many people have different oppinions but if you like the rat look go for it.
    Ive always liked the cars that look like ****ters and then they go like mad it certainly shocks people.
    Yea, I knew before I posted on here that 90% of you wouldn't like it but I decided to share the project with y'all anyways. Yes, to some of you this will be dreadful but end of the day it's my car, my choice to do what I want with it, and fair enough, some of you won't like it, but it's still a Volvo and this is a Volvo club

But an 850 isn't going to go like mad - unless your going to spend buckets on tuning and upgrades its just going to be your average T5 which in todays climate of vauxhall turbo's and Ford ST's etc really isn't that quick anymore.

The whole sleeper thing is great but this isn't a sleeper because its drawing attention to itself and has nothing to show for it

Unless of course 'crazy' is going to make a 500bhp monster out of it that it?
    LOL you never know he might have some engine plans for the future.
    Heh, would love 500hp, but cos of my back I wouldn't cope with anything like that. And I'm not spending buckets on the car at all, but I'm building her for bass, not to race I'm aiming to get about 300hp from her with some work. Was 227.7hp at last dyno, now got performance leads and plugs in her, so should be pushing out some more, and tuned the boost controller to be running on a higher boost now too

Quote Originally Posted by kevin4878 View Post
    sorry, but a decent T5 is hard to find, i do think this is heartbreaking, i had to send my baby to auction,due to circumstances out of my control only to get 135 for it, then had to pay 70 for the pleasure of there services, please stop now before its to late, its only a bonnet and wheels, dont trash such a lovely, in fact, beautiful motor.
    That's part the reason why I'm not gonna do any rusting to the body itself or anything. But to be honest, this ISN'T a decent T5! That's why I'm doing it. If it was, believe me, I would be spending my efforts tuning her up instead of ratting out! It's not been that well maintained, no service history, and I'm having to do a fair bit of work on her. The paint is like orange peel and needs a respray.

Please, just remember this when you see how this progresses.

I agree pete, but this car is mechanically stock, like i said, its not as if there is a nice tuned engine to help the cause!

I agree aswell that its always a right laugh blitzing people in much more expensive cars!, ive done it many times in my T5, that to the uninformed and untrained eye, is "just a volvo", purley pushing the "street sleeper" style, and adding to the joy of seeing the angry and pissed off face of the bloke in the 50 grand RS4 that ive just out performed and out driven him in my Volvo Estate, Ha Ha!!!!!!

3 lads wi 1.2litre badged corsa "c"`s running turbo`ed C20LET engines putting out between 250/300 bhp, come in our garage, and there right sleepers, but there mint,and a credit to their owners, rats are rubbish, lets face it, its easy to make a car look **** and rust, but its real pride and joy stuff to have an awesome mint condition performance, cult vehicle, and have people comment on it and tell you how much they love it, i have had loads of comments about my car, and at TOTB last year, it drew a substansial crowd in the parking lot with photgraphs an all, it made my feel very proud.
    would that happen wi a rat? i dont think so!!!

Ask russ@ RTMechanics why he dint make the peril a rat?

Craig
    Actually, on the point of the photos, the stand that had the most attention at Fast Show was the Rat Look stand. Most their cars have been featured on the highlights from the show too.

Rat cars are first, and foremost, about having fun!! I am having fun with this, and no matter how many rants you do, I'll keep having fun with this project

Yes, I love sleeper cars as much as the next person, I used to have a Skoda Felicia estate with a Golf GTi engine in it, but I prefer cars that stand out a mile Like I had an old Camaro that was yellow with twin chromed superchargers sticking out the hood!! And I had a Honda Prelude with a mahoooooosive body kit and roof scoops and totally covered in stickers on the back too. That's just my style I mean, I used to have purple and green hair (not at the same time lol)

RAT LOOK IS COOL

Attachment 8507

Thank you

Please remember the following things when commenting about my project.

1 - this car WAS NOT mint condition or anything, it is in need of a respray, is covered in carpark dings and dents, and the paint is like orange skin

2 - the rat look has NOT died out, there is always rat style about, has been for decades

3 - the rat look isn't about sleeper style or anything, it's about having fun and having a laugh and driving a car that draws attention admittedly, half the time, for the wrong reason, but it's still fun

4 - it's still my car and my pride n joy You wouldn't want me insulting or ranting about your car, so please, don't rant and rave about my car, even if no offence is meant, still don't like having to read rants about your opinion on how you think I'm ruining a car that wasn't perfectly good.

Cheers
    matt black turbo brick rat - you know it makes sense

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Crazy_C For This Useful Post:

JelT5 (Friday 9th April 2010),kevin4878 (Wednesday 31st March 2010),RTS70R (Tuesday 30th March 2010),volvokid (Wednesday 31st March 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks

not really gona comment on this but just a thought....
    you say your running on 195 tyres.......
    factory fit is 205...........
    how would you explain if you have an accident on narrower tyres than the car is meant to have,which isnt a SPACE SAVER. (which the manufacturer thought it should have) just a thought.....be carefull

This user has no status

Thanks
    The tyres will be upgraded to 205s when I can afford them, just to fill the arches a bit more

But you can run narrower tyres than stock. Look at all the people who run with stretched tyres. If there's an accident it isn't really something they look at. Plus not exactly much difference between 195 and 205 wide tyres. Not like I'm running 155s or anything.
    matt black turbo brick rat - you know it makes sense

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Crazy_C For This Useful Post:

t5 stealth (Wednesday 31st March 2010)

Thread Information