Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status

Thanks
    it was they just rust faster than they go and that much power messed it up it held the road really well till i put the turbo lump in befor it had a hi comp cvh stage 3 head and twin 45s it was wickid and anyway my volvo would give it a good run down a motorway and probs on corners it didnt like turning or stopping or pulling away

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnash2002 View Post
    Just wanted to see what sort of power you are used to,like i said before get a map then see after a few months what you think,if your like me then you will want more power lol.
    Ive done mine pritty cheap,im not at work at the minute due to a back problem so i havent got money to burn,but if you look about and do the work your self it will be cheaper than getting a garage to do it.
    ur spec would b wickid i love ur car i wouldnt mind any mod i just want a bit more poke lol and i would love loads more i would think about saving for that if i didnt use it every day and u could do that cheaper just get the manifold and some skyline turbo but a 16/18/19t would do me fine

This user has no status
    Thanks
    you got to ask yourself how much power can you put down on the road as mine is standard at mo and will wheelspin all the way through 1st and 2nd in the wet and mate had fiesta that hold's top speed foe fwd fiesta in uk at 179.8 mph at brunters run out of track.lol and it was a nightmare to use on the road as could torque steer 4 lanes on motorway even with the special box and diff so he now has it rebuilt into a early focus shell and still runs the zetec turbo from fiesta but now 579.8 bhp and he moaned but it owes him lots of money we reckon on him spending close to 80k in 15 years of modding the fiesta and engine's and gearbox changes and blow up's.
    I'm just going for sensible mods of reverse intercooler pipes,3" dp,exhaust,air filter and then re-map hope for around 300 bhp which i think is enough in fwd oh and upgrade the brakes and suspension.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    or save yourself the turmoil = £££ and get a RWD.

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    I think around 300-330 bhp seems like the sweet spot for daily driver Volvos given their front wheel drive nature.

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    I agree. I have just shy of 300 now - and I would still like to keep her driveable. Chews up tyres as it is!

If I could just squeeze few more horses out I think I would be happy.

I still enjoy the torque steer and it is still manageable.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 711 Posts
    The essential problem is diminishing returns - not only is each additional unit of power more expensive than the next, but there comes a point where that extra power is largely worthless - may I direct you to the mytholgical Graeco-Roman demi-god Priapus (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priapus for a picture - a bit prominent to post as a thumbnail on VPCUK: would scare the horses) who was given a massive wanger for his troubles. It was so huge, it was neither use nor ornament. A fast Volvo is great, but unless you have a local drag-strip and you enjoy driving in straight lines, or else live on the Isle of Man or in Germany, MASSIVE power is completely unusable and probably a bit of a waste of time.

But then Priapus must have attracted quite a following - as my mother would have said, for all the wrong reaons...
    KISS Rs

850R manual, Rica 310, IKEA fitted bathroom, H&C running water, Jetex 2.5", pipe rack, cap stand, Forge BOV, circular wheels with full 360 degree rotation, 302mm discs, IPD front and rear anti-roll bars, numerous shiny features, sub-atomic particle accelerator, VTOL capability ...Volvo With Attitude!!!
    Also to be seen in a gold Honda CR-V these days...

"It's really fast, and growls like a tiger!"

'Ow do
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 694 Posts
    That would appear slow compared to this one [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBu6STlhh8Q[/ame]

Glad im Back -D
    Thanks
    Ah Volvette

My favourite Volvo estate

Awesome machine.

1998 C70 T5 GT Auto, 68k, FVSH, Immaculate inside and out, only mod - poly top mount, its Yellow and no pete i didnt paint it, lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    thats better than a big turbo

This user has no status

Thanks
    why would anyone buy an rs block for 5grand ? when you can re sleeve the st block

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shemtek_racing View Post
    why would anyone buy an rs block for 5grand ? when you can re sleeve the st block
    How much is a re-sleeve of a regular T5 block?

Ben

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

This user has no status
    Thanks
    big turbo don't always give you big power unless you have fueling, ignition, exhaust, air filter, too match the size of the turbo and even then why not max out the turbo you have and then see if you need a bigger turbo as i have 2 mates one with a skyline rb26 tt engine in his s13 drift car that runs 480bhp and other mate who has a 660 bhp r32 skyline gtr and the 650 has bigger turbo's and is lag city and got nothing under 4000 revs and s13 boost's from 2000 revs and both agree that the skyline is a better car if on a track but daily can't use that boost because by the time you get it too boost you have to slow down because of traffic and is not as fast as the drift car is on the road obviously on a track like the nurb the skyline would be better as will out handle the drift car as they have different set up's but just a point bigger is not always better when driven on the road plus the biggest thing is putting the power down on the road so tyres and suspension set up is just as important as the power plus gearbox and clutches need to be upgraded in process of tuning as you will always find the next weak link.

why pay 5k for a rs block when it's in a ford so no guarantee that it is uprated as could be a sales gimmick. and what are the difference's as i know that the sapphire 4x4 had a modded block to take the front diff so is thicker block with more webbing so has the rs focus block got more strength or is it a new casting and why not just mod a 2.3 as block will always thicker sidewalls and prob only be down on power by a few brake but prob not even notice.

This user has no status

Thanks
    im thing about a s13 as a cheap run about as its 400 less a year to in sure and it does more mpg

This user has no status
    Thanks
    s13 are about the same on fuel to be honest as i nearly bought one but volvo was a better car plus if you mod the s13 it will break and the ca 1.8 has so many probs it can be a real headache as mate's have 200's and are always breaking something as they have had them tuned and then drift them which will break any car ok you can buy anything for them but the nissan engine's are great as a lot of drifter reckon on the s chassis being awesome but then they put toyaota 1jz and 2jz turbo engine in them for relaibilty as my mate who has the skyline s13 now needs to replace his gearbox after doing a lot of drifting now sounds like a straight cut mini gearbox.lol and box is £450 for a cheap one and if he blows up the rb26 that will be £3000 or £2000 for a bare engine.
    if you get a s13 leave it standard and watch out for rust as most are terrible may look good on top but they rot everywhere underneath as mate is in process of re-shelling his as old shell was like a colinder and needed close to £1000 of welding and when he removed the wings inner's were ripe which is what put me off more to be honest if you go for a 200 then go for a s14 or s14a as they seem to be better but i'd stick with the volvo as will be the better more reliable car.

This user has no status

Thanks
    i wannd go rwd tho im gonna try twin engine mine 850 when its off the road just wanna fun standard rwd car

This user has no status

Thanks
    Or, for the money you spend on tuning and handling to try and get a heavy FWD T5 to be a properly quick car you could spend on something that comes out of the factory with RWD and big power

This user has no status
    Thanks
    rwd and big power what car has that from standard then besides 100k car's?

Thread Information