Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Both rear doors deadlocked

Anyone had this happen

Tonight both rear doors have completely dead locked themselves - the plunger in the door cap goes up and down with the remote locking - usual clonks from inside the doors - but cant open from outside or via handle inside

Also I've a service light on (which has been on for months) about 'alarm service required' or something like that could this be linked to the problem or is it just the battery in the box in the front wing?

Is there a reset process for the central locking?
    Last edited by exfuzzyt5; Wednesday 24th March 2010 at 21:48.

Old Fart
    Weston on the Mud Somerset or in it if you get the tide wrong.
    Thanks
    I get the same message and the guy at my local Volvo Inde said that the door lock needs looking at. So it could be that yours has locked down and the system needs sorting.

Don't you just love computer controlled cars, V70 she say sod off I've got a headache.
    “If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as the souls who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson (1778)

Did you know the EU says that you can't claim that drinking water prevents dehydration. So now you know for sure what many of have known for years that the EU is run by a bunch of nutters.

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 711 Posts
    Who says ex-police cars don't have a mind of their own? You can take the monkey out of the jungle etc!
    KISS Rs

850R manual, Rica 310, IKEA fitted bathroom, H&C running water, Jetex 2.5", pipe rack, cap stand, Forge BOV, circular wheels with full 360 degree rotation, 302mm discs, IPD front and rear anti-roll bars, numerous shiny features, sub-atomic particle accelerator, VTOL capability ...Volvo With Attitude!!!
    Also to be seen in a gold Honda CR-V these days...

"It's really fast, and growls like a tiger!"

straight5
    This user has no status
    Just in case its of any use: Ive been getting the alarm service message for a few months now. In my case it is due to my alarm sounder being faulty. Apparently my alarm and immobiliser work, but if the alarm was triggered there would be no noise, just lights flashing. When I spoke to Dave at DPA he told me the sounders on their own are £120, but strangely for £80 you can get a kit that volvo supply that includes the sounder among other things, but I cant remember for the life of me what the rest of the kit was. Might have been door lock replacements. Im sure DPA could clarify.
    Apologies if this is all useless information.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by straight5 View Post
    Just in case its of any use: Ive been getting the alarm service message for a few months now. In my case it is due to my alarm sounder being faulty. Apparently my alarm and immobiliser work, but if the alarm was triggered there would be no noise, just lights flashing. When I spoke to Dave at DPA he told me the sounders on their own are £120, but strangely for £80 you can get a kit that volvo supply that includes the sounder among other things, but I cant remember for the life of me what the rest of the kit was. Might have been door lock replacements. Im sure DPA could clarify.
    Apologies if this is all useless information.
    Ahh - funny mine makes no noise just flashing indicators - wheres the alarm sounder located?

has no status...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by exfuzzyt5 View Post
    Ahh - funny mine makes no noise just flashing indicators - wheres the alarm sounder located?
    its in the front offside wheelarch. took a volvo tech <30mins to do mine last month

2001 V70 T5 - Auto, Dark Anthracite Comets, Volvo Window blinds, ITG Panel filter, Strut bar solid bushes with powerflex top mount

Must update my sigpic ...the S60 lemon went a while ago.

straight5
    This user has no status
    anyone know what the hell Im on about regarding this "kit" ?

has no status...
    Thanks
    anyone know what the hell Im on about regarding this "kit" ?
    Yes thats the kit i bought from FRF, it includes the siren, security bolt, new rivets etc. The dealership that fitted it didnt even know that a kit existed lol

2001 V70 T5 - Auto, Dark Anthracite Comets, Volvo Window blinds, ITG Panel filter, Strut bar solid bushes with powerflex top mount

Must update my sigpic ...the S60 lemon went a while ago.

This user has no status

Thanks

Deadlocks

I am not sure that the alarm is linked to the deadlocks, but the kit is easy to fit our 2000 car had flashing lights but no sound for ages with no effect on the central locking action.
    We did have the rear doors remaining locked (same car) and it was first noticed by my wife when she couldn't open the fuel flap (apparently they are linked), I was away so she took it into the Dealer they couldn't find any codes and told her told it was probably the drivers door module that needed changing (Doves) she left it and called me.
    I spoke to our local Independent who suggested checking fuse 8 in the luggage compartment. We checked it, it seemed OK but removed it and put in another 15amp fuse its been fine since (2 years)

This user has no status

Thanks
    thanks MDS - Is that the rear luggage compartment? - fuse 8 in mine is a 15amp

Haven't got a Haynes manual of infact any manual - so running a bit blind on the fuse locations

Are there three fuse box on the V70 T5 P2 (yr 2000)

I've got the rear one and the under bonnet one ok - but there must be another one somewhere as the rear plug in 12v camping socket blew the other day and every fuse I've checked is ok - confussed (well thats pretty nornal)

This user has no status
    Thanks

the fuses & relays are in the n/s/r panel in the boot,
    there is 2 relays for each door,1 for lock,1 for unlock,
    if you run your hands across the fuses & relays. ie disturb them a bit,
    the locking might come back to life,there is an issue with these relays as they apparently get damp or moisture collects on them causing problems.
    there was another thread about this somewhere,re the tailgate doing silly things

straight5
    This user has no status
    Theres a fusebox in the end of the dashboard on the passenger side isnt there? You can see it with the passenger door open.

This user has no status

Thanks

Fuses

Hi Fuzzy

You are in the right place left hand side of the luggage area Fuse 8 is the one and should be 15amp as T5 said check the relays as well (give them a wriggle) to make sure they are seated.
    You are right 3 Fuse boards in the V70 1. in the engine bay 2 behind the cover on the end of the dash drivers side 3 in the left side of the luggage area.

When this happened to our MY 2000 V70 T5 the fuel flap stayed locked as well. The fuse looked fine and tested OK but for some reason when I changed it for a new one everything worked again and still does??

This user has no status
    Thanks

Theres a fusebox in the end of the dashboard on the passenger side isnt there? You can see it with the passenger door open.
    yes there is.....but
    all the electrics from the rear doors back are located in the n/s/r fuse box...
    that does rear doors,tailgate & fuel flap,

This user has no status

Thanks
    Cheers all for your assistance - problem sorted and saved me loads of money not ripping the door cards off and replacing the locking mech's etc

It was the relays that had gone down in both rear doors - so all functioning again

nice having a 5 door estate car again instead of a 2 door coupe!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information