Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Sc-800/801 aux input hack

This is a HACK of the STOCK SC radios which allows you to install an AUX input, WITHOUT the LOSS of the CD CHANGER port, and only costs a few pence.

HOW>

well, it taps into the outputs from the TAPE DECK. easy!

ok, so today, i carried out this hack on my 2 Stock heads

one is the Sc800, the other the 801

the method is the same for both. It can be done on the 805, but I will post that later

here is how to do it

first, remove the LOWER panel from the unit

look at the rear end, for a bank of pins in a straight line

count the pins upwards, and find 4, and 5, these are the L+R we need

once you find the L+R you need to trace the route from there to two components, labelled 102.

we need to attatch two 10uf capacitors to the OUTPUTs of these.

make sure you solder the NEGATIVE side of the capacitor to these points

we then feed in the cable we want, through the vents on the rear plate. I chose the FEMALE PHONO, as it gives the option of using PHONO or 3.5mm jack [with lead]

we need to attatch our main cable from each to the POSTIVE ends of the capacitors

this pictue is not too clear, but what we need to do is combine the two EARTH shield wires from the cables, then choose an earth. I used a main board earth which attatches to the chassis as shown

now that is all done, we simply tidy it all up, making sure the cables are all shielded correctly fro the main board.

now simply replace the bottom cover, and you have a modded unit

Now, to get this HACK to work, we need to FOOL the unit into thinking there is a TAPE installed, so it will allow us to select TAPE

the way I still do it, is once you have the unit connected in the car, remove the TOP COVER and manually close the cassette cage. The unit will think there is a cassette in, but there is not. It works on both of my units. Just do not press EJECT or you will have to remove the unit to do it again

you can use a BLANK CASSETTE, or one of those mp3 convertors, and just remove the cable, but I find doing it my way works great, as long as I do not press eject

1994 850 TURBO
    Metallic Grey
    Full Leather

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bobbych For This Useful Post:

volvoturboman (Thursday 25th March 2010)

This user has no status

Thanks
    now, for the 805, it is different

you need to remove the TOP from the unit

you then need to remove the CD unit, which will then show you the TAPE DECK under it

the hack method is similar to above, and uses 2 10uf capacitors, but this time we are tapping into the PCB directly onto the TAPE DECK.

you then need to feed the wires throught the vents a bit further to reach these points

looking on top of the tape unit front right, there are 2 lots of a 3 terminal triangular arrangement for left and right channels which connect to "pre-set pots" on the other side of the PCB. I found that soldering to the middle pin of each triangle gave good audio quality from an ipod.

1994 850 TURBO
    Metallic Grey
    Full Leather

This user has no status

Thanks
    if anyone is interested, i am selling the SC-801 hacked unit. it has the two rear PHONOs as shown above. it is the 801, premium sound system and comes with the code

first £35 secures, plus postage

1994 850 TURBO
    Metallic Grey
    Full Leather

This user has no status

Thanks
    today, I got hold of a used Single Din CR902, and had a peek, and low and behold, this hack is even easier

to hack this, simply remove the top lid with the 2 screws at the rear

inside, on the right side of the tape deck, you will see 3 wires shown. RED WHITE and BLACK

these are the LEFT RIGHT and GROUND outputs from the cassette

we simply need to use our hack as above, and attatch our 10uf capacitors to these wires, simples!

1994 850 TURBO
    Metallic Grey
    Full Leather

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thats great info and I will be using that thanks. I will however get someone who knows what those pictures are to do it lol.

As the T5 came to a lonesome end

Its just the V70 2.5 10 valve SE, pictured here with the 2 people that make life worth living, my babies.

Needs a wash Image taken in the beautiful Malin head, Irelands most northerly point.

Thread Information