Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

My New S70 'R' Project - Advice sought...!

Hi Guys,

I've been out of the game for some time, but now after having my S70 R for a while I want to start a new project, B150N X Mk II.

So far we have a the sound sytem all installed and had a set of 18" Genuine Pegs fitted along with a strut brace, uprated engine mounts and an Induction kit and a dump valve, now i'm looking to do the whole stage 0 and get the power up.

I'm wanting to get the RICA "Bison" Remap but as I have a quite bad relationship with Hamish @ VT was wondering if any one knew of where else I could get the map done without having to travel to far.

I am also getting a fully heat wrapped 3" system fitted (inc turbo downpipe) but have been told it may be a £££££££ due to the 3" pipe struggling to fit over the rear axle, has anyone else had the issue?

I also want to get a massive intercooler, but I know the standard one has massive volume so is it worth it?

Any other suggestions?

Bison

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bison View Post
    Hi Guys,

I've been out of the game for some time, but now after having my S70 R for a while I want to start a new project, B150N X Mk II.

So far we have a the sound sytem all installed and had a set of 18" Genuine Pegs fitted along with a strut brace, uprated engine mounts and an Induction kit and a dump valve, now i'm looking to do the whole stage 0 and get the power up.

I'm wanting to get the RICA "Bison" Remap but as I have a quite bad relationship with Hamish @ VT was wondering if any one knew of where else I could get the map done without having to travel to far.

I am also getting a fully heat wrapped 3" system fitted (inc turbo downpipe) but have been told it may be a £££££££ due to the 3" pipe struggling to fit over the rear axle, has anyone else had the issue?

I also want to get a massive intercooler, but I know the standard one has massive volume so is it worth it?

Any other suggestions?

Bison
    I believe Chad is a RICA agent ... but not sure where he is .

Regards the intercooler speak to Tim Wiliams he has some .... I think he's on here or you can find him on T5D5

Rich
    1996 855 R
    1995 855 T5
    1968 Califorian Imp

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    Bloody hell hello stranger, where the hell have you been?. Chad is now a RICA agent so he's probably your best bet.
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/Gal72..._s_Gallery.asp

Currently rocking Volvo's finest V70R 2WD Manual

Previous cars:
    1996 855 T5 (Ex Police),1996 854 T5,1996 855 T5,1995 855 Black T-5R,1996 960,1997 855 R

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tomcat For This Useful Post:

Bison (Sunday 21st March 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I had a 3 inch cat back system on my old S70-R and there were no probs getting it done
    Audi A2 1.4 Diesel se
    ● 52 plate ● Manual FWD ● rear ashtrays ● rear wind up windows lol

MODS:
    ●75 Bhp wow !!
    ----------------------------------------------------

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HADI For This Useful Post:

Bison (Sunday 21st March 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    HI Bison, got a 3" on mine, as long as the guy that fabricates it knows what he is doing, it can be done, Chad is in Smethwick Brum, a bit of a trek from Dubai though lol.
    The cheapest downpipes on the market are OBX, but they don't come with a cat so you will need to v band it or cut and shut it.

Gary,
    V40 2.0T Sport Lux Titanium grey,(03) 133k,standard
    Yamaha R1 5VY,(06) 180bhp/165whp,100nm

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    Just fitted a larger FMIC - did see a significant drop in air intake temps at the manifold.

Welcome back Bison.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

Thread Information