Join Today

Thread: Tyres

This user has no status
    Thanks

Tyres

Right then, on the drive home this morning ( bit greasy ) its clear that i need new front tyres. They were only replaced 18 months ago, is this normal ??? Im not particulary heavy footed i don't think.

What is a good hard wearing tyre you guys recommend ??
    I currently have 225 45 17 Michelin PS2's on them

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Toyo T-1R's best allrounders ive ever had, resonable cost good in wet and dry, 6 to 8000 miles per pair on my 850 R, if you can find me a hard wearing tyre that sticks too i would love to know about it, goodyear (old type) F1's were bit more expensive but did manage 10k and great grip levels, R888's awesome for keeping the front wheels from spinning but only lasted 5k and expensive! KEEP AWAY FROM Toyo proxes 4's will make your car feel like a boat!!

only ones ive really used.....

Back on the road with 6 gears...........!

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    What's your current Tread depth?

Pilot Sport 2's are supposed to be really good, you may find on some tires with the 'bands' rather than a deep v-pattern they lose grip when the smaller patterns within the bands wear down.

I went from Pirelli P6000's to Vredsteins and the difference was night and day, the deep V-pattern tread seems to be more resistant to losing grip when partially worn (particularly in the wet)

I've been running Vredstein Ultrac Sessantas since Oct 2008, done about 8000 miles and only lost about 3 mm of tread (I drive fairly steady with the odd spirited moment.)

you may find the Vredsteins come in a bit cheaper than the PS2's as well, I paid about £80 a corner for 205/50/18's

I'm running about 275bhp and no problems with traction apart from in wet/greasy which I don't think could be helped without the aid of black magic on a FWD!
    Last edited by t5_monkey; Sunday 21st March 2010 at 13:57.

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

Thread Information