Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

1999 S40 T4...general go faster parts advice needed

Hey peeps,

I have recently made my first foray into performance Volvo ownership by purchasing 'Moose' (my Silver '99 S40 T4). I have a passion for making cars go faster and wanted to get some advice on parts etc. that will fit.

If someone can point me to a guide that is already written that would be great, if not here is a list of the basics I want to cover:

Induction (panel or cone? 2nd pipe to standard air box?)
    Turbo (What are the options)
    ECU
    Exhaust (Recommendations?)
    Just Springs vs. Springs and Dampers vs. Coilovers (ride quality etc.)
    Brake improvements
    Poly Bushes
    Anti-Roll Bars
    Later model body parts fitting on to 1999 phase 1

There is a lot more that I'd like to do to Moose, but its going to take time to get it all just right. If a guide has not yet been written for the T4 I'll happily compile everything at the end and re-post.

Thanks in advance,

Gareth

CDO Sufferer
    Thanks
    I have Gareth,

Not to move you away from this board, but check out s40concepts.net - mainly covering america but might have the answers you're looking for.

Jim

This user has no status

Thanks
    This is going to look rather like an advert for BSR and PFV, but it's just intended as pointers! I'm not a performance parts expert, but hopefully this'll help:

Induction
    Both replacement elements and induction kits are available. As I'm sure you know, which provides greater benefit is questionable. Induction kit wins for sound, obviously.

Pipercross offers both (PFV stock); BSR offers its own kit, which is essentially a JR Filter and heat shield.

Turbo
    Fitted is a Mitsubishi TD04L-14T. I know one guy on here has had a 16T fitted, but new a manifold and engine hardening (forged stuff) seems to be required.

As with other turbos, manual boost controllers can be used to up the boost, dump valve kits are available for added Whoosh (Bailey and Forge supply, again available from PFV).

ECU
    Upgrades available from BSR, RICA, TME and doubtless others.

Exhaust
    3" downpipes are available, again from BSR producing power gain. Cat back systems also available and more widely.

Others
    Have no experience to say, but kits for suspension (Eibach springs, coilovers) are available, not sure about poly bushes, usual suspects for better braking.

BSR stuff is viewable at http://en.bsr.se/products/t531/
    PFV is www.partsforvolvosonline.co.uk

Al115 is the guy with the big mods here and was selling a number here http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27388

Thread Information