Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Unhappy 850 T5 Not boosting??

Ok the Autumn Gold T5 is here. But a question for you all......

My 2001 T4 when coming on boost is quite sharp and powerful.

This T5 seems a little flat, at 3k the on dash boost gauge swings into the white bit on the gauge (about 2 o'clock position) but the car doesn't feel to pick up it's heels and pin you back in the seat.

Is the T5 a progressive turbo or is something astray?? Help please, I thought it would feel sharper than it does compared to my T4.

Runs fine no smoke on start up or through revs or over run.

Reving the engine with the airbox open you can hear the turbo spool.

Help help help!!

VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    Should go 3/4 into the white with a standard ecu mate get the actuator checked should be at 4psi and also check all the little rubber pipes for leaks, will be something simple like that so dont worry mate

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    May just be the way t5s feel. I had a t4 and now have a s70r, and the t4 definatly felt quicker, seemed like the power came in much quicker, but don't know if it actually was faster or just how it feels. I hope to go bruntingthorpe soon and film the speedo, then i can compare it with the vid of my t4 that i did.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    850 T5 15g should have the actuator opening pressure set to 1.8psi. The later 16t on V70 P2 have the opening pressure set higher to 4psi. Check all your hoses and replace all those that need it if they show signs of ageing or damage. A good service/stage 0 will set you in good stead and you may see improvements after that on your standard motor should all parts be working correctly.

Thread Information