Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

changing bushes on 4 bolt type wishbone

Found some bushes for the awd, they aint cheap at £200, but thats from sweden, and includes the metal core with radial threads. question is how difficult will it be to change them? anyone done this before?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Wealth Doctor View Post
    Found some bushes for the awd, they aint cheap at £200, but thats from sweden, and includes the metal core with radial threads. question is how difficult will it be to change them? anyone done this before?
    Have you a URL for the Swedish website?

I know how to change the P2 bush and I would imagine it to be a 'similar-but-not-exactly-the-same' process. If I can check the website I can get back to you.

I must point out that rebushing the early wishbone is a somewhat risky business, you could go to the expense and trouble of rebushing only to find it fails the next MOT on a knackered balljoint. I'll help as much as I can.

luv'n'stuff

J

"Sgt. Butterman? Little hand says it's time to rock'n'roll!"
    "Bring the noise!"

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by v70torslanda View Post
    Have you a URL for the Swedish website?

I know how to change the P2 bush and I would imagine it to be a 'similar-but-not-exactly-the-same' process. If I can check the website I can get back to you.

I must point out that rebushing the early wishbone is a somewhat risky business, you could go to the expense and trouble of rebushing only to find it fails the next MOT on a knackered balljoint. I'll help as much as I can.

luv'n'stuff

J
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthre...hlight=850+awd
    Its on this page
    Cheers
    Last edited by Mental Wealth Doctor; Saturday 13th March 2010 at 21:03.

Thread Information