Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    the adaptor cables turned up today (just waiting on the facia), i've got the antenna lead & the Volvo to ISO harness with high-level ie speaker output. I'll get the Volvo to RCA output once i expand the system a bit but can i bypass the Volvo amp for now using the leads or do the speakers wires run directly from the amp to each speaker ie are there speaker wires behind the stereo that i can plug into?

thanks

This user has no status

Thanks
    on my unit 801, im sure there there was just the green plug, the speakers were wired up to the amp, cept the centre one, m8 was up looking at it and sussed out that the instructions on the page where the rca lead was bought were correct, in that you only use half of the iso lead adapter on my new headunit , clarion cz109eg just one block from the iso lead gets plugged in and the rca lead takes care of the speakers, you will see on your h/u, if its separate speaker connections that will match up to the iso lead, which would be really handy to just plug and play through the new h/u amp , btw i love the sound from the dolby setting once its been tweeked, just hope the new unit sounds as good next weekend

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dobbin For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Monday 15th March 2010)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dobbin View Post
    on my unit 801, im sure there there was just the green plug, the speakers were wired up to the amp, cept the centre one, m8 was up looking at it and sussed out that the instructions on the page where the rca lead was bought were correct, in that you only use half of the iso lead adapter on my new headunit , clarion cz109eg just one block from the iso lead gets plugged in and the rca lead takes care of the speakers, you will see on your h/u, if its separate speaker connections that will match up to the iso lead, which would be really handy to just plug and play through the new h/u amp , btw i love the sound from the dolby setting once its been tweeked, just hope the new unit sounds as good next weekend
    ah so the green plug is behind the radio is it? I haven't brought the RCA adaptor yet so want to use the new HU's amp if possible.

i'm borrowing the Kenwood HU off my bro & he says its got 3 sets of RCA & a single sub out, so 7 RCA plugs in all (i can see a big install coming along now lol). I've never been impressed with the Dolby, altho it is very good for standard

This user has no status

Thanks
    yep im sure the green plug had the speaker wire but just for the centre speaker, my m8 didnt go into an explanation of how to get the amp bypassed as im putting mine through the dolby amp, why cant things be simpler these days???/ lol, need a bloody university degree just to get the new unit out of the box without leaving bits of polystyrene and paper everywhere lol, but once i seen where the plugs and connections went when the h/u was out even i could understand what my m8 was talking about

Thanks
    why cant things be simpler these days???/ lol, need a bloody university degree just to get the new unit out of the box without leaving bits of polystyrene and paper everywhere lol, but once i seen where the plugs and connections went when the h/u was out even i could understand what my m8 was talking about
    fingers crossed my facia turns up tomorrow so i can start playing (think i'm going to have to get the RCA adaptor tho)

if you want complicted this tops the lot, the active x-over for my last install

This user has no status

Thanks
    yeah i seen the pics of your boot area in another post, waaaay beyond what id even think of doing, lol,looked pretty impressive to me, my leads and y pieces should arrive by the end of the week, the clarion shop seemed to be the cheapest after shopping around http://www.clarionworld.co.uk/car-au...c9-414-adaptor they had all i needed to fit the single din, cept the rca y pieces, the fascia and iso lead i picked up in halfords bargain bin for £3 and 50 pence for the iso, if it wasnt for the local volvo garage not having a clue about reprogramming the hu 801 id be quite happy with it, in two minds about asking volvo uk, why i can drive a few hundred mile down the road to get it done but the local garage tell me it cant be done, who's telling me porkies ? the folks that have a working radio, or the garage here that want a sale on a new hu 801?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dobbin For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Tuesday 16th March 2010)

Thanks
    the clarion shop seemed to be the cheapest after shopping around http://www.clarionworld.co.uk/car-au...c9-414-adaptor they had all i needed to fit the single din, cept the rca y pieces, the fascia and iso lead i picked up in halfords bargain bin for £3 and 50 pence for the iso, if it wasnt for the local volvo garage not having a clue about reprogramming the hu 801 id be quite happy with it, in two minds about asking volvo uk, why i can drive a few hundred mile down the road to get it done but the local garage tell me it cant be done, who's telling me porkies ? the folks that have a working radio, or the garage here that want a sale on a new hu 801?
    ah nice one again sir, i've seen them on ebay for £25) ordered one from Clarion now. Might have it fitted by the weekend, depending how quickly Volvo can uncode my radio

have you tried phoning another main stealer? or Rufe, i hear he's very good with radios & finding the codes out

This user has no status

Thanks
    i have the code, i think there were some numbers written on the unit, its just what ive found out so far from here that it needs uninstalling and re installing by the vadis? software, so its recognised as the original h/u instead of the car recognising it as a replacement unit and not letting it display the night illumination,steering wheel controls etc, that will be my task for tomorrow , call a few dealers down south and ask them if they can do it

Thanks
    i have the code, i think there were some numbers written on the unit, its just what ive found out so far from here that it needs uninstalling and re installing by the vadis? software, so its recognised as the original h/u instead of the car recognising it as a replacement unit and not letting it display the night illumination,steering wheel controls etc, that will be my task for tomorrow , call a few dealers down south and ask them if they can do it
    ah the ECU coding, i was briefly talking to TMS Volvo (Coventry) about it as i'm taking my factory radio out & putting it in my old mans S60 becuase his CD mechanism is knackered. Yeh they said the car needs a software update to remove the radio, then another to program it into the car. £2.30 to remove it & £37 to program it into the new car. Not sure how right they are but they said removing the radio without the software would corrupt the car, didn't go into detail actually what it would corrupt/do.

TMS's phone number for the parts department is 02476302967, they might be able to help you out

This user has no status

Thanks
    ahhh nice 1 thanks for that, ill call them and get the info from them, only thing is finding a garage near to up here that can do it, as i wouldnt trust the local one here to fit a nut in a monkeys mouth, so far mines wont illuminate, no steer/control, heater stays on, dash clocks stay on, wipers if on will stay on,all on pos 1 in the ignition switch, so it means if i want to sit in the car for half an hour listening to music i have to turn off everything manually, but the dash clocks still stay on, lol, i asked someone in a car park last week with the same model cept it was a d5, if his did the same and said none of what i described happens, will certainly give that number a call tomorrow and find out whats what,as the only place i listen to music is in the car and dont want to drain the battery in 10-15 mins, thanks again

Thanks
    ordered the RCA lead from Clarion, they've sent it out by Royal Mail (assumed it would be DHL as its plastered all over there site), which means i doubt it'll here by the weekend

This user has no status

Thanks
    hehe, for up here next day usually means in 3 days time , y pieces arrived this morning , ordered on sunday night!!,, off to do a shop run, there goes another gallon, and then call the numbers you gave me about the radio

Thanks
    hehe, for up here next day usually means in 3 days time , y pieces arrived this morning , ordered on sunday night!!,, off to do a shop run, there goes another gallon, and then call the numbers you gave me about the radio
    you should get a diesel mate lol, hope TMS can sort you out i did have part numbers off them but i threw the receipt out once we ordered the other more important bits

This user has no status

Thanks
    well, the guy at tms couldnt have been more helpfull, " yes sir we can do that, its a simple software uninstall then re install," same prices as you said , if only they werent 400 mile away lol, called an aberdeen perth and edinburgh garage, all clueless, one even said it would be £135 min if they could figure out if they can actually do it, just shows that the local one here blatantly lied to me about it having to be a new virgin unit having to be fitted, hmmm solicitor to be involved?? lol

Thanks
    well, the guy at tms couldnt have been more helpfull, " yes sir we can do that, its a simple software uninstall then re install," same prices as you said , if only they werent 400 mile away lol, called an aberdeen perth and edinburgh garage, all clueless, one even said it would be £135 min if they could figure out if they can actually do it, just shows that the local one here blatantly lied to me about it having to be a new virgin unit having to be fitted, hmmm solicitor to be involved?? lol
    is it no good getting the part numbers from TMS & going to your local stealer & saying "right, do that?" thats what i had to do to get my T-5R front bumper, they didn't even know they were different to a normal T-5 bumper so just got the part number & told them to order it

got home from work & Royal mail had tried to deliver a parcel but no-one was in, & i've got to wait 25hrs before it'll be back at the sorting office . I'm guessing its the facia so just waiting on the RCA leads then, then got to get Volvo to uncode it & rob my bro's radio then lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    looks like your all set for the install then, got mines today, m8 is gonna fit mine at the weekend but im tempted ro try it myself tomorrow as its nearly all plug and play for the clarion unit, but unsure how the metal cage is involved or fixed, as you say going to the local garage with the part number for the software install for the std hu801 could be done but its a last option if the new clarion isnt as good a sound as the std player, i still have the option of re installing the old srd unit, as im dead against using any company that has lied to my face when i knew that the s/ware d/load was available from folks like yourself that have kept me right, id rather drive the 100 mile to aberdeen or perth to an "honest" garage if such a thing exists up here, lol
    as an extra getting the rear strut mountings done this week from the idie mechanic just down the road, hope fully no more clonking from the goat tracks here

Thanks
    looks like your all set for the install then
    ish, i'm away for the weekend after work today so won't get it done now till Monday at the earliest

got mines today, m8 is gonna fit mine at the weekend but im tempted ro try it myself tomorrow as its nearly all plug and play for the clarion unit, but unsure how the metal cage is involved or fixed,
    the cage will secure into the facia plate

as you say going to the local garage with the part number for the software install for the std hu801 could be done but its a last option if the new clarion isnt as good a sound as the std player, i still have the option of re installing the old srd unit
    you'll lose the Dolby centre but i don't think the remaining speakers will lose any quality

im dead against using any company that has lied to my face when i knew that the s/ware d/load was available from folks like yourself that have kept me right, id rather drive the 100 mile to aberdeen or perth to an "honest" garage if such a thing exists up here, lol
    are you sure there dishonest & just don't know what there doing, they can't get many requests from customers to remove radios? (altho still not a good thing for them to mess then really is it lol)

Thread Information